Subwoofer losing power?

If you said both of the subs were moving fine before, then you put the neon tube and one sub isn't moving as much and sounds like crap, common sense says to take it off. If you want blinking lights, turn on your hazards.

x3/4, yah, i was going to suggest that. in fact, i may have a few old neon converters laying around with the sound circuit built in. the fact that the amp is soo small is the only reason it hasn't ended in disaster already. the amp puts out ac voltage, and higher power= higher voltage. i've seen some of the audio scene down under, and i know you can get some mainstream brands like jbl and phoenix gold, and likely several other good products. one quick reference to look at is the fusing of the amp. not exact, but rule of thumb is 1amp of fusing should be about 10watts, more so with class"d" then "a/b" but lesser brands can display unnecissarily large fusing, but a 1200w amp with a 30a fuse is a dead give-away of mis-leading. always look at rms ratings, not peak/max. don't know what large department stores you have, but we have wal-marts all over, and some others, and there is where you usually find the cheap neons, which mostly have the sound mode already. feed it 12v, and do not hook a bunch to your remote wire from the head. if you find you need to run a bunch, and want it to go off the stereo remote turn-on, then run them, and your amp off a relay, that is triggered by the head unit. you say it sounds real good as-is, then i would say simply upping the amp to an appropriate size will make you happy. also, make sure your wire is sufficient for the amp by googling the awg chart and match lenght and current draw. also, not good to exceed your alternator rating either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.