Subwoofer issues! or box. unsure.

Participant count
  • Participant list

wsu4ever

Hey, i'm new to this forum but i really need help.

See i just bought these 2 kicker comps 15's for 100 bucks brand new! what a steal right, well i thought. I have a alpine amp500.1 or something simular to that its a really tiny 1 channel amp that puts out 500 watts. All my wiring is good except my RCA cable does have its issues.

Anyways i had it all set up and have been driving around for about 2 days with no issues sounds amazing! well today for some reason everytime it really hits the hard beats from my left speaker i hear an intense rattle? Oh i do have these 15's in my lil 95 ext cab S10. the rattle ruins the whole song! but it still hits really hard. The box was brand new ordered online and shipped. And it just randomly occured and it wont go away. does anyone have any advice on what the issue might be? Everything is brand new, and this problem just started to happen.

Thanks!

What box are we talking about here if you ordered it brand new online. Sealed? Ported? If ported, what volume and tuning frequency?

So by left speaker, do you mean the driver's side sub or the left speaker in your door? If it's the door, try removing the card and seeing if anything is loose there

[quote name='wsu4ever']So i unscrewed it, did the free air test, absolutely no problems what so ever. So am thinking it split the box.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking. At least it's not the sub. Lesson learned: prefab ported is not the way to go. Get in touch with @double 07 ; and see what kind of box he can build you. At least then they'll be made for your subs and should sound INFINITELY better than the prefab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.