Subwoofer box for two Sundown Audio SA-12's

powerhouse283

I have read that the Sundown Audio SA-12 12" subwoofers are good? I have had a few systems before, I had two alpine type-r's in a sealed box with a kenwood 900rms amp, And In another setup I have had two kenwood excelon (my first system, so dont bash lol) with the same kenwood amp. Both of these setups were with a sealed box. The kenwood speakers were good for my first speakers, then the alpines were amazing.

Now I am stepping it up with the Sundown Audio SA-12 subwoofers, I want a ported box. This will be a lot louder and more worth it because less power is needed correct? Would this ebay box be good? It is tuned for 32Hz. Making a box is out of the question. I am too busy with college.

ww w .ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-SLOT-PORTED-MDF-ENCLOSURE-BOX-for-2-12-SUB-WOOFERS-4-ft-3-TUNED-32Hz-/200797583243?pt=US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item2ec077f78b&vxp=mtr

What will be a main benefit of this ported box? Many people bash premaid boxes, but is this one different since it claims to be "tuned?" Also, these speakers are 600rms rated each. Would it be okay to get a 1200watt rms amp and push 600rms into each subwoofer being they are in a ported box? Or should I pump less RMS into them?

Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you get it with out the carpet? There carpeting job is horrible.

With out knowing the port area and length no one will be able to help you our really. I'm sure it is "ok", but the better option is to get an enclosure custom designed for your product, goals, and application.

Do you know about how much a custom enclosure runs? I'm guessing I would just have to look up a good audio shop in the area?

And are rockford amps good? And if ported, how much RMS would I need for the subs?

Why should I go with your company? Do you have somewhere I can read reviews or something?

Hopefully some other people can chime in on the origonal post too.

Thank you for the replys! Appreciate it!

Don't spend 400 bucks on Sundowns and throw them in a shltty box! DC Creations built my box and I bought another DC built as well for a 15". The man knows what he's doing! Free plug Dustin.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Don't spend 400 bucks on Sundowns and throw them in a shltty box! DC Creations built my box and I bought another DC built as well for a 15". The man knows what he's doing! Free plug Dustin.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Thanks..

OP feel free to read our sub forum here or on other sites and feel free to ask around or search the forums for reviews and images of our work.

Here is a photobucket of some of the work we have done

DC_Creations pictures by prorabbit - Photobucket

The sa 12's can take much more than rated rms, get an amp 1500 watts rms minimum. As for the enclosure, DC Creations makes excellent custom designed boxes for your listening taste, goal and type of vehicle, you wont regret it. Of course the box you mention may be good too, but then again it may not.

Pro-rabbit, If I were to go with you, I have a 2000 honda civic DX, I think the widest box that can fit is 33-34" and the height is about 16ish due to my 6x9's. I'm sure you could work around this?

And would I be able to go alittle less RMS on an amp if I went with one of your ported boxes? Say 1000 instead of 1200+ (with a sealed box)?

And would I be able to get it all done with lets say 180-200 (shipping included in that)?

The sa 12's can take much more than rated rms, get an amp 1500 watts rms minimum. As for the enclosure, DC Creations makes excellent custom designed boxes for your listening taste, goal and type of vehicle, you wont regret it. Of course the box you mention may be good too, but then again it may not.
1500+ rms with a ported or a sealed box? Because don't ported boxes need less power? I have always used a sealed box, and I want it louder, but I don't want to sacrifice TOO much "tightness" or quality. Would it even be worth it to put two sa-12's in a sealed box?

Pro-rabbit, If I were to go with you, I have a 2000 honda civic DX, I think the widest box that can fit is 33-34" and the height is about 16ish due to my 6x9's. I'm sure you could work around this?
And would I be able to go alittle less RMS on an amp if I went with one of your ported boxes? Say 1000 instead of 1200+ (with a sealed box)?

And would I be able to get it all done with lets say 180-200 (shipping included in that)?
i have a 95 civic coupe my max dimensions were w 33 h 15 d 21. And that BARELY fit. it ended up being 3.2 cubes

2 sa 12's in a seal box is a no go, they excell in ported box.

yes, with the same power and driver it would be louder in a ported box.

With a ported enclosure and the SA's you could safely run 1200-1500 rms on those subwoofers.

As for the enclosure, you are very limited on size but we can make it work. As for price we have several options that you can pick through, but for a "basic" enclosure you would be looking at $150 plus shipping and that includes carpet, rounded port edges, 45s, and a terminal(pre-wired). For $15 more you can get a double baffle with or with out flush mounting.

In order to get an accurate shipping quote I would need your zip and I can get that figured out for you.

If you are interested feel free to go to our site and fill out the forum.... Here----> DC Creations - Enclosure

I can get you a quote, but in order for us to keep track of your "quotes" it is better if you fill out that form. We keep everything on file a input all your information into a customer database for to help make things easier on us for keeping up with our clients and their requests. Since we have a fairly high volume of enclosures being built/shipped a day it can become hard for us to keep up with forum posts/pms and such.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.