Subwoofer amps stolen

Nobody cares, John, and nobody here wants any form of discussion with you.
Funny how you think you can speak for everyone else.

You DO realise that's a symptom of a mental health disorder, don't you? Probably not, as unlike me (an RN), you are probably not a medical professional.

John Kuthe...

You DO realise that's a symptom of a mental health disorder, don't you? Probably not, as unlike me (an RN), you are probably not a medical professional.

John Kuthe...
I have a psychology degree (one among many), so I KNOW all about mental health disorders. After all I'm a psychologist by degree! He's fairly normal. You on the other hand need your dosage adjusted for your disorder. You're exhibiting far too grandiose delusions.

I also didn't know a RN is the same thing as a mental health professional...

Jane Uncouth...

Im going to be totally honest. You guys just gave me more help than I expected, Sound odd? No I been sitting here sad but more so pissed off, to a point I was just like screw it, But you guys actually made me smile and laugh, It ***** but it ****** way more that my daughter came in saying um mom your window is broke and speakers are gone, She just started college I was supposed to give her the car this week, (she dont know that) but You live you learn, Anyone have ideas on how to hide amps in 03 ford escape? I had the trunk cover curtain thing pulled and my windows are tinted, I do not bump the music near my living area, I think it was someone who may have seen me loading stuff in and out of the trunk a few days before,, I wished I could put electrical wire like you do a fence , if rca are cut I need new head unit Right?
Yeah it's likely someone saw your stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who lived close to you. When I lived in a larger city and was only driving a truck I would generally have my amps out of sight by hiding them under a seat while the sub I would strategically place a couple blankets or random stuff I carry around so it wouldn't be so obvious with the doors open that I had aftermarket equipment. The best deterrent is hiding the fact you have anything.

After that you can look into all the suggestions that have already been mentioned. Uncommon screw heads keeping things tightly secured can go a long way.

He's not worth a real response, and is far from a mental health professional. He's a mental health patient, admittedly. I won't give him the satisfaction of my credentials, as they're not anybody's business.

It just irks me that someone who is as inexperienced as he is, is giving out advice here and doing it poorly. You can't really comment on car audio help when you're paying some dude off of Craigslist to do a half-assed install for you and it's taking him long enough for any of us to have done multiple complete builds. I'd put him on ignore, but sometimes his shenanigans are entertaining.

Sorry for the derail, OP, post up pics of anything you're unsure about.

John Kuthe...
You don't need to be a medical professional, electrical engineer, garbage man whatever to respond to this forum.

not everybody can be as cool as you.

Don't listen to the idea of shoving equipment in an unventilated compartment. Might as well let that stuff be stolen if he's just going to cook the amps to death anyway.
That is mostly correct, but the details are important.
Without getting into forced air, or mechanical refrigeration, the best case is free air, open and unrestricted in all directions, except for the mounting surface, away from all other heat sources.

In practice, the minimum workable clearance is usually 1" from another surface.

When it comes to placing equipment within a "sealed" or still air region, frequently the most important factors are the volume of that region and the aspect ratio. For example, a tall narrow volume will permit air convection currents to be established for better heat removal, especially as-compared to a short wide compartment.

Also, placing the device at the bottom of the volume will permit it to run cooler than placing it at the top.

For electronics, they want to run cool for maximum life. The MTBF is reduced by half for every 10C increase in temperature. A good ballpark is that electronics are typically designed for at least a 10 year MTBF, so making them run 10C hotter because of limited airflow will decrease that to a 5 year MTBF.

If this were me I would run two tests where the temperature is measured at a hot location on the device using a thermocouple. One test would be in free air, the other would be in the possible mounting volume. Then examine those two temperatures to see if the results are acceptable.

You don't need to be a medical professional, electrical engineer, garbage man whatever to respond to this forum.
not everybody can be as cool as you.
I may have a lot of formal education (BSs in CS, EE and nursing) , but I definitely don't know everything. And I know this too.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.