Subwoofer Amplifier turn on when door opens.

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I just installed an Amp and Sub with help from a friend. Everything seems to work fine but the Amp , after the stereo turns off the Amp turns off about 30 seconds later. Also, whenever I open or close any door, unlock or lock doors the amp indicator light will turn on then turn off after 30 seconds. I used a LOC with Remote turn on Wire, I followed instructions, spliced the radios speaker wires to LOC speaker wires, 12v constant and ground to LOC wires, then the remote wire from LOC to Amp turn on. Whats causing the amp to turn on when ever I open or close a door?

it may be picking up a signal when your dome light turns on.

i used a loc a long time ago that had a sensitivity for the auto turn on.

or you could find an ACC wire in your car that is only on when the key is on and use that.

Can it still get a signal from the dome light if the only thing connected to loc is speakers, radio's 12v constant and ground? I may just try an acc wire instead.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

It is a 2006 impala Ls

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.