Can running a second battery in parallel harm a stock alternator?

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I have a optimum battery on a system that is currently pushing about 1500 watts at 2 ohms . Can having this second battery in parallel damage the alternator ? I thought that it would take stress off of the alternator but am reading that the alternator works harder to keep two batteries charged. What is the scoop with a set up of this type ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah because as power is pulled from the batteries your alt needs to work harder to replace the power that was just taken from them faster. that's why high output alts are better when running multiple batteries

Is 130 amp alternator on 2 batteries with beefed up 4 gage cables sufficient for a 1500watt system ?

I made an error, I'm actually wite to 1 ohm. I can't edit my original post, I get an error but yes, its wired to 1 ohm and pushing approximately 1500 rms . 1200 on subs and maybe 300 on speakers .

i ran two group 34 bats on stock 110 alt for 8 years before i decided to go with an HO... just do big 3 with 1/0 copper wire and good grounds.

welding wire is a GREAT option for wire also.

i ran two group 34 bats on stock 110 alt for 8 years before i decided to go with an HO... just do big 3 with 1/0 copper wire and good grounds.welding wire is a GREAT option for wire also.
So you don't think a second battery is needed?

So you don't think a second battery is needed?
Uhm read his comment again and try to understand what stock alt, two batts and 8 years mean. He said its completely fine to run a second batt for years and years with no issues.

Fk all that bullsh*t about alternators working harder with more batts, That my corolla stock 80 amp alt never failed on me with 3 batts total to it. The batts overall did WAAAAY more GOOD than harm(if any to be honest) to my whole electrical setup back then. People too focused on what they read in books rather than going deep into real world testing and results

Makes no sense to get a high output alt when you are only running a total ~1500 rms in your setup.

Nice, I also found it hard to believe that it would do harm, I feel it would help but it's nice to know that it works out well for so many. I'll just beef up cables and add a small second battery

f0460b8c29c978cd946c15a59b413e24.jpg

Without laughing too hard at me , would a battery like this help or solve my issues ? I only have about 900 rms on my amp on 4 gage but I do get some voltage drops of 11.5 once is a while when a deep bass note hits.

Yeah I keep an eye on the voltage , eventually I'll pull the trigger and get a good battery I'm sure but I'm holding off for now

Yeah I keep an eye on the voltage , eventually I'll pull the trigger and get a good battery I'm sure but I'm holding off for now

Save $10 a week and u have a new battery in no time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.