Substage Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

OCme

Greetings all, I’ve been lurking on the forum for about three months now. I’m upgrading the sound system in my 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and I could use some advice for the low end. The Jeep has a 160 amp alternator. I think I can safely run about a 1,500 watt system without having to add an additional battery and/or upgrade my Jeeps charging system. I listen to mostly Old and classic Rock and Roll and Jazz.

This is what I have purchased so far

Head Unit:

Alpine CDE-HD 149BT

+ dash Kit - Metra 99-6511 In-dash Receiver Kit

+ (SWI) steering wheel Interface PAC RP4-CH11

+ iDatalink Connect ADS-HRN(SR)-CHR01 Interface Harness

+ Antenna adaptor - Metra 40-EU10 Antenna Adapter

+ Motorola Antenna Cable

+ IPOD cable - Alpine KCU-445i

Speakers for Front and Sound Bar:

JL Audio C3-650 convertible Component/Coaxial Speakers - X2 sets

4-Channel Amp:

Precision Power P900.4 145W X 4

Wire Kit:

Belva BAK44 - Complete 4 Gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit with 4-Channel RCA Interconnects (CCA Wiring)

What I was thinking about purchasing was a Image Dynamics IDMAX 12D2V.4 subwoofer and mounting it in a port tuned enclosure tuned to 32Htz and power it with a Sundown Audio SAE-1000D Monoblock @ 1ohm… Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

That's what I was going to recommend before I read the last part. I'm sure you will be happy with the idmax. Although I would still recommend doing the big 3 if that wasn't planned already.

Ok, when I do the big three should I upgrade the Jeep's existing battery? I noticed some of the people with high end systems seem to like Optima yellow top battery.

It certainly would not hurt to do so. But if you are going to buy another battery I would just add it to the system rather than replace what is there.

Thought 1/0G was used for the "big 3" and 4G was used to the 2 power amps. I was going to use a 60A fuse for the mid amp and 100A fuse for the Bass amp. If I keep the system to 1500watts won’t this be sufficient?

It certainly would not hurt to do so. But if you are going to buy another battery I would just add it to the system rather than replace what is there.
I was under the impression a second battery is never a good idea unless the alternator is upgraded or modified as it's an added strain on the alternator to charge two batteries AND supply power for the car.

That may be true, I've done it in the past on around the same power with no issue though. Didn't catch it earlier but I would also recommend some 1/0 for the sundown as well.

That may be true, I've done it in the past on around the same power with no issue though. Didn't catch it earlier but I would also recommend some 1/0 for the sundown as well.
ok, will do...is 4G ok for the Precision Power P900.4 mid amp?

0 gauge wire cca will be fine on a sae 1000. The sub is nice to well over priced at $400 new. There is better. a new tantric md 12 d2 I would go for $240 shipped. Would sound every bit as good sq wise than the id max and take more power

0 gauge wire cca will be fine on a sae 1000. The sub is nice to well over priced at $400 new. There is better. a new tantric md 12 d2 I would go for $240 shipped. Would sound every bit as good sq wise than the id max and take more power
I appreciate your advice and will get this sub you recommended instead If it sounds better and is cheaper. Is the Sundown a good power amp for it, or would the precision power 1000D be a better choice, or would you have another recommendation?

I appreciate your advice and will get this sub you recommended instead If it sounds better and is cheaper. Is the Sundown a good power amp for it, or would the precision power 1000D be a better choice, or would you have another recommendation?
The sae is a decent amp. Between the 2 is take it the tantric md is a neatly little sub. I have one just sitting here now. It wouldn't fit the application I got it for

I checked out the Tantric Sounds MD 12 D2... looks ****. If you were buying an amp to power it what would you use? I really appreciate every ones help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.