Subs subs subs

lol What is the difference bwtn amps with and w/o subsonic filter? sorry that is new to me lol and i listen to everything, rap dubstep metal heavy metal plain rock, no country though
MOST if not all, amps have a SS filter. It filter music lower than what the sub can mechanically play so it won't damage it, a sub generally plays from 20-80hz thats the most common. having an adjustable filter helps because that way you can have a box tuned to anything and you don't have to worry about your sub mechanically failing because it was playing notes too low for it to play.

that sounds good. i have look at sq subs before. but before i post this im apologizing but i have an old sony xplod thats 250w which is prob junk along with my pyramid 1000w i can use one of those until later
the sony xplode probably does more power then your pyramid. Just because something says 1000 watts does not mean its a 1000 watts. You look fuse ratings and check back with the forum before wasting money. To be honest man, with your music taste, you can just grab 2 http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KFC-W3013PS-Performance-12-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B004X8ROLS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1420603240&sr=1-1&keywords=kenwood+subwoofer and pair it with that pyramid amp in a sealed box and it would work. Afterwards upgrade your amp to a legit 1000 watts RMS (continuous power) This should more then enough to impress a newbie based on your music preferences.

Anything that incorporates max watts in its advertisement is basically garbage or borderline garbage. Stay away from boss, pyle, lanzar, pyramid, power acoustik, autotek, spl, ssl, performance technque, planet audio, jenson and a few others i dont care to remember. Most of these brands only make 1/10 to 1/5 their rated RMS power. They will fool you with MAX POWER!!!! ratings which are basically the numbers they see a few milliseconds before they blow up.

Key rule is, if its too good to be true, then its a piece of garbage. You get what you pay for in car audio, you could be looking at your next new doorstop lunk of junk and still be drooling all over it because of the big fancy numbers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.