New System is No Bueno!!!

Robpevfai

Sorry for all of the questions on the forums. I recently installed my first audio system into a 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe with the 9 speaker including a sub woofer and stock amp. I decided to upgrade and get the Kenwood KDC-BT558U headunit along with a precision power ppi 900.4 powering 2 Infinity Primus PR6500cs component speakers and finally a Image Dynamics ID12 D2 V.3 in a sealed 1.5 cu ft enclosure. I have the rear channels bridged to power the sub. Now for the PROBLEM there is a switch on the amp that goes between 4ch and stereo. In stereo the subwoofer plays, but very quiet and has highs in it. In 4 channel, which I think is what it needs to be in the sub produces nada only a stock sub in the side plays that i thought i didnt even have hooked up:confused:. Is there something i need to unhook at the headunit or what? I have no clue and am no professional with this. Could somebody more experienced assist me. If so that would be great. If you need any more info let me know. Thanks for your time. Jeff

View attachment 26551366View attachment 26551367View attachment 26551368View attachment 26551369

What's happening is your rear rca's aren't giving you a signal. When in stereo, everything runs off the front input and that's why you're hearing highs. When you switch to 4 channel, there's no signal going to your rear sub and that's why you hear nothing. Swap the rca's and see if the sub starts playing....on 4 channel. If you're also running a stock sub you're going to have cancelation issues.

Sorry for all of the questions on the forums. I recently installed my first audio system into a 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe with the 9 speaker including a sub woofer and stock amp. I decided to upgrade and get the Kenwood KDC-BT558U headunit along with a precision power ppi 900.4 powering 2 Infinity Primus PR6500cs component speakers and finally a Image Dynamics ID12 D2 V.3 in a sealed 1.5 cu ft enclosure. I have the rear channels bridged to power the sub. Now for the PROBLEM there is a switch on the amp that goes between 4ch and stereo. In stereo the subwoofer plays, but very quiet and has highs in it. In 4 channel, which I think is what it needs to be in the sub produces nada only a stock sub in the side plays that i thought i didnt even have hooked up:confused:. Is there something i need to unhook at the headunit or what? I have no clue and am no professional with this. Could somebody more experienced assist me. If so that would be great. If you need any more info let me know. Thanks for your time. JeffView attachment 26551366View attachment 26551367View attachment 26551368View attachment 26551369
You need to keep it on 4 channel mode. Then flip the switch to BPF have the high pass filter at minimum, low pass filter around 80 to 100. Turn you head unit volume to 75% and then adjust the input level on the amp which is the gain settings.

Why are the rear rcas not sending a signal to the amp? I swapped them around and then nothing played. I didnt think I had the stock sub still hooked up but it was playing I disconnected the speaker cables coming out of the headunit and it stopped that but my sub is still not playing.

Nothing. What do I do
At this point, I would grab an ipod and run it directly into the amp with a 3.5mm to rca adapter and see what you get. Do the rear first. Make sure you have it on 4 channel. If it works, its your signal. If it doesn't, it's the amp.

So just hook up to the rear to my phone and unhook the front channel and will this just play the bass if it works. I will try this thanks I guess it could be a faulty rear channel on the amp. Thanks for all your help I will be back with a verdict.

did you check your h/u for the fader ? make sure its set to 0 as in you get both rear and front.

just go over the h/u settings. make sure any crossover are set . thats were i would start.

if you still get nothing get the 3.5 to rca and use a tablet or phone and hook it up to the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.