Subs stopped again

how could i test if its the rca ln the back? is that what a DMM does?
For one you could just place the dmm on the amp outputs like you are setting your gains and see if the voltage changes.

But this will not say if the rca on the amp or headunit are bad.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

im sure i can invest ha, im hoping its not the HU but then again im not a big fan of this kenwood
Well this is a worst case scenario. I always mention it but it has never happened lol. As far as how to test them, I believe a DMM Will do it. Should get 5, 4, 2, or 1V depending upon what your HU has them rated at

thanks for the help haha, still nothing yet but as ive said im not in town to get these yet. As long as i dont have to take it to a shop im fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif "200 $ to "inspect" a full system".... they can blow me

Ok so here's where I'm at, I tested my subs on another friends set up, nothing, I hooked an old speaker to my set up, and it got signal.... So I'm beleieving I blew the subs without knowing? I find it odd they popped at the same time, and that they just completely shut down and didn't at least sound bad ..... Anything? My subs don't look bad, but these alpine a are pretty well covered by itself

if you can see the coil inside the basket, check see if they looks black (burnt). they should be nicely goldish color like a bronze , most subs. and the coil should be well in place. any frays of a coil is signs they are done for.

but test the subs like mentioned with a multimeter. they are cheap $10 at walmart.

so i had my friends dad who builds systems look at my subs, and he said i fried both voice coils?? i took his word for it but will definently get the DMM on monday when i can cash my check. But if this is the case, instead of starting another thread, ill just ask here.

What are some good subs thatll Run of my JBL 1400.1 nicely and yet match my box specs. Stang made my box to the Type R specs, so im hoping to get some subs thatll match that since i love the box. Im not sure exactly what the specs of the box are, just that its tuned to 33 hz. Stang recommended that i run 2 Sundown SA- 12's, and ive read that they seem to handle around double the RMS than what the site says itself so in that case they could handle the amp.... thanks in advanced.... also, going for SPL over SQ but preferably under 250$ per sub

so i had my friends dad who builds systems look at my subs, and he said i fried both voice coils?? i took his word for it but will definently get the DMM on monday when i can cash my check. But if this is the case, instead of starting another thread, ill just ask here.
What are some good subs thatll Run of my JBL 1400.1 nicely and yet match my box specs. Stang made my box to the Type R specs, so im hoping to get some subs thatll match that since i love the box. Im not sure exactly what the specs of the box are, just that its tuned to 33 hz. Stang recommended that i run 2 Sundown SA- 12's, and ive read that they seem to handle around double the RMS than what the site says itself so in that case they could handle the amp.... thanks in advanced.... also, going for SPL over SQ but preferably under 250$ per sub
2 used hdc 12's

thats what i was thinking, but i asked STang and he said that theyd need a different box with more port net or something like that
For the amount of power you have is not enough to really drive the hdc3 subs so you will not hear port noise.

It may change tuning by 1 above or below due to sub displacement.

This will give you time to save up for a new box then a new amp.

For the amount of power you have is not enough to really drive the hdc3 subs so you will not hear port noise.
It may change tuning by 1 above or below due to sub displacement.

This will give you time to save up for a new box then a new amp.

Can Anyone Second this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.