Subs stopped again

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
i was driving with the normal volume i usually do today, and my subs stopped playing. I got home and looked over everything and nothing is very noticeable. The amp gets power to it and the power light is bright, so i don't think that's the issue. The only thing i noticed, is i took one of my subs out and noticed some if the 12 GA wire had a black mark on it. It felt normal, and on the other side of the wire it was completely fine and not touched. Is it possible i burnt that 12 GA from amp to sub enough to where the signal doesn't get through

Get a dmm check power continuity and impedance of subs. If all are ok. Then get a rca to head phone jack wire. Plug your phone directly into the amp. And turn the music on if no sound. Possibly the amps toast

Since i dont have one of those meters couldnt i just run a pair of wires from the amp to an old pair of speakers that i have laying around? Turn it down low and see if it receives power?

Since i dont have one of those meters couldnt i just run a pair of wires from the amp to an old pair of speakers that i have laying around? Turn it down low and see if it receives power?
Yes you can. I'd also do the iPod phone test first. It's the easiest

Bad rca or deck or fault wiring
im hoping its the wiring, theres a piece in between my 2 subs that looks like it got burnt a little, only reason i can see it being black that is, gotta run more tomorrow

Sounds like bad rcas to me. Go with the iPod test or pull your radio and run a new set just straight from the HU to the amp for a quick test. If sound returns, pull the old cable and run the new one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.