Subs stopped again

Sounds like bad rcas to me. Go with the iPod test or pull your radio and run a new set just straight from the HU to the amp for a quick test. If sound returns, pull the old cable and run the new one
I just checked the RCAs and nothing, i tried 2 other pairs..... as for checking the subs, i just took a quick look over them, looked fine, flex fine, not stiff or anything, im baffled haha, i even took my old amp and hooked it up and nothing, replaced all the wire between the subs and nothing, but wouldnt it be odd for them both to pop at the same time without making some sort of sound?

12 gauge is a bit skimpy for some subs.
Have you checked the wiring with a dmm?

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
i Havent, i dont own one and am a broke mofo haha, but i tried replacing all 12 GA from the amp to the subs and everything in between and still no signal, they just went out on this really low note, but ive listened to the song more than any other in my car, but they just never came back to life

i Havent, i dont own one and am a broke mofo haha, but i tried replacing all 12 GA from the amp to the subs and everything in between and still no signal, they just went out on this really low note, but ive listened to the song more than any other in my car, but they just never came back to life
Check near the terminals on the subs to find breaks in leads.

If they are direct connect wires look near the start of the sub.

Without a dmm you wont know if you have a bad vc.

Check near the terminals on the subs to find breaks in leads.
If they are direct connect wires look near the start of the sub.

Without a dmm you wont know if you have a bad vc.

Just went out and checked, everything looks normal to me, im so baffled haha

Maybe some detailed pictures would help diagnose. Also did you try to hook up other speakers to your amp. I know you said you would didn't see where you said you did it though. Is the protect light on? Loose ground?

Maybe some detailed pictures would help diagnose. Also did you try to hook up other speakers to your amp. I know you said you would didn't see where you said you did it though. Is the protect light on? Loose ground?
yeah i cant test the other speakers till im home on monday, im up with my dad now, but anyways, what kinda pics would you need for this? ill go check the ground but i dont think thats it since my speaker amp is grounded to the same place

Pics of your amp connections and the burn marks your talking about also.
Sadly i dont have the burnt wire anymore, it was nothing special, smaller than my thumb, and only the outside of half of it was burnt, the otherside completly untouched, as for the amp connections, just where they are plugged in or are you wanting to see the inside of the amp

I'm not sure haha. You'll probably have to wait till you can test different speakers or buy the adapter to hook phone straight to the amp.
i tried that and nothing played out of anything.... not even the speakers, but the other amp didnt work either

Could be a fried rca output on your HU. IPod test will decide that. Bad speaker wire would still produce sound just really quiet and terrible sound. A DMM is $4-5 at harbor freight. I'd suggest investing lol.

Could be a fried rca output on your HU. IPod test will decide that. Bad speaker wire would still produce sound just really quiet and terrible sound. A DMM is $4-5 at harbor freight. I'd suggest investing lol.
im sure i can invest ha, im hoping its not the HU but then again im not a big fan of this kenwood

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.