subs/port facing

Participant count
  • Participant list
I know a general rule is sub back/port back, but it could be different. Personally, I wish I would've done something else - my enclosure was very limited on depth due to how tall it had to be to fit the subwoofer firing back. Almost wish I would've fired it upward.

ya but this trunk is different
Trunk6.jpg

I know a general rule is sub back/port back, but it could be different. Personally, I wish I would've done something else - my enclosure was very limited on depth due to how tall it had to be to fit the subwoofer firing back. Almost wish I would've fired it upward.
in my car i have subs up port back, but this trunk is different..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Those trunks are terrible. Best is 4th order ported through rear deck.
well besides that, just want a basic slot port. so sub/port back or both up or sub up/port back

If it were me, I'd think about building a box that fits right in that lower region of the space and firing subs and ports straight up. If there is space under there, you could also glass it in to take advantage of more of the space by removing the factory panels. Depending on how much air your subs need, that may not be necessary. The trunk is different shape but you have lots of space to work with which is cool.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
well besides that, just want a basic slot port. so sub/port back or both up or sub up/port back
I suspect you couldn't do a port back without seriously crowding the port. I'd try subs back and port to the side first.

I have 2 15"s subs up port up in 97 Grand Marquis. Seems to work ok, always done subs back port back though in past.

I usually find a cheap prefab box and sub on CL and move it around for a few days to see what is best before I waist wood on a bad sub/port orientation.

Remove the upper cushion of the rear seat. Cut out the metal behind and replace it with the face of your box. Firing subs and port forward towards windshield sealed off from trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.