Reasons why you shouldn't use CCA wire

bullcrap through and through.

If the CCA wire is large in gauge enough to match the resistance/conductivity compared to smaller gauge OCF, then there is no difference.

A wire that is constructed and rated for, ie: 200A, is able to handle up to 200A for short periods. Doesn't matter if it's steel, aluminum, or copper. That's it. There's nothing more to it.

bullcrap through and through.
If the CCA wire is large in gauge enough to match the resistance/conductivity compared to smaller gauge OCF' date=' then there is no difference.

A wire that is constructed and rated for, ie: 200A, is able to handle up to 200A for short periods. Doesn't matter if it's steel, aluminum, or copper. That's it. There's nothing more to it.[/quote']

yes cca just requires a larger size for similar current.

My last set up was all CCA wire and did over 160 and was built to demo. Caught on fire all the time though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Was a single run of CCA and later I added 3 runs of OFC and it made ZERO difference.

Yea ofc is just not worth the money imo ..i have 4 runs of 1/0 cca and i couldnt do 2 runs of ofc for that money ...with the ofc u get 300a of carrying power ..with my runs i get 500a for cheaper ...no brainer

did you not just watch that video? how is what he is saying complete BS? when faced with actual facts you dispel them? yes your wire can carry more amperage for a presumably lower cost BUT is greatly overcompensated. Why have two wires when one can do the job? I cant justify buying thousands worth of equipment only to use cheaper means of supplying the power to run my equipment. I just cant...

Because my amp draws more than 300a and i wasnt going to run dbl runs of ofc ...no denying the video for any reason...but u cant argue with math...to each there own i just see no need for ofc in my setup

did you not just watch that video? how is what he is saying complete BS? when faced with actual facts you dispel them? yes your wire can carry more amperage for a presumably lower cost BUT is greatly overcompensated. Why have two wires when one can do the job? I cant justify buying thousands worth of equipment only to use cheaper means of supplying the power to run my equipment. I just cant...
I would rather have overhead with 2 runs of cca than straining a single run of ofc ...i think thats more risky than what im doing

Im all about degradation of a product. CCA life span is far less compared to OFC in the same application. Ive done countless tests at work on the stuff... but like i said to each there own.

Im all about degradation of a product. CCA life span is far less compared to OFC in the same application. Ive done countless tests at work on the stuff... but like i said to each there own.
True but if you do a sound install by sealing uo the ends and terminals to the elements u can delay this corrosion substantially

I believe in Less is more. If an 8" can have the output of a 12" in half the size of displaced area in my car but costs more im all for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Now if someone makes a cable with Roentgenium (not possible its capabilities would be about 4000a in a 1/0 strand) i would ponder buying it! LMAO

I believe in Less is more. If an 8" can have the output of a 12" in half the size of displaced area in my car but costs more im all for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Now if someone makes a cable with Roentgenium (not possible its capabilities would be about 4000a in a 1/0 strand) i would ponder buying it! LMAO
Im all for spending money on good stuff as i have 1000s invested but practicality won the wire battle in my ride

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.