Subs making noise, help

Gustavo253

CarAudio.com Newbie
I wired up a sub and amp about a year ago and everything worked fine. Something happened and my sub stopped working. I bought a new amp and sub thinking either could be the problem. I never changed any of the wiring. Everything is still the same besides the amp amd sub. I started up my car and played some music. but now i keep getting feedback. A noise coming from the sub, it wont stop. Any ideas what it could be. below I'll link a video of the exact issue.

Any ideas what it could be.
Since amp and sub combo are new, only thing that comes to mind is that the amp does not have differential balanced inputs, meaning that it can pick up noise easier in unshielded rca cables. This is all new to me as well so here is an article for reference.

Troubleshooting is a matter of isolating each component until the problem stops. For example, if you suspect the rca cable, pop the head unit out of the dash, plug a diff rca cable into it and run it across the seats back to the amp and see if the problem goes away (or changes). If the problem persists, isolate the head unit by using some other device plugged into the rca's to supply the signal. Continue this operation with each item/wire/cable until the problem goes away.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.