Subs Hittin'

make sure you plugged you're RCA cables into the SUBWOOFER IN. i think its green. also read your manual, Alpines are much more complicated to setup than the xplod. just some ideas.

i like my xplod unit b/c it has a subout thing that lets you adjust the sub volume without distortion, this make the remote a lot handier. i aso noticed my xplod unit sounded a lot better than my friends aiwa as well as my frinds panasonic.

a lot of them include crossovers for high and low pass also, this gives my tweets screaming power and my lows a little better sound

If it weren't for the incredibly poor reliability record of the Xplod line, it would actually be a pretty competitive line of head units ...
As for the Alpine problem, simply turn your gains up until you hear distortion, then back them off a bit ... It's because the sub out on the new Alpines reach peak output higher on the volume scale, so at the level most people run their head units (20-24 volume), the output is down in the 1.5-2 volt range instead of the 4 volt range, even with the sub level set to +15 (0 dB). So you basically need to turn your gain up to 1.5-2 volts ...
poor reliability? lol, ive had this unit for going on 3 yrs with no probs, and believe it or not my stepdad had an alpine and it has been not playing tracks randomly since his warranty ran out ...... coincidence i reckon. im very pleased with ym xplod and id buy from them again b4 alpine, expecially b/c of the extra power some alpine HUs require.

not that the one experience has made me bias ... but i like the xplod features a lot

It's just that the sony explode line of products haven't been good for alot of people. Every line will have working products but what takes down their reliablility is when a large percentage of costomers ( compared to other products in similar price ranges ) return the products with bad ratings. And the most deadly thing that kills product lines is the grapevine. Personally i had a great time with my sony explode subs for a week.. then a day... then 30 mins. Then i was like time to check out another line of products... guess who?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.