Subs giving off unstable ohms

Well if the amp failed, its failure would cause the subs to cut out. I suspect the worst in people. Did the guy at the shop test your sub with a DMM? Did he do it in front of you so you could see the ohm's reading that apparently changed? Did the guy have his hand on or anywhere near the cone or suspension at the time of the reading?
I wouldn't put it past a shop to move the cone while demonstrating the potential customer the 'problem' with their existing speaker. I bet the shop owner sold plenty of new subs with 'stable ohms' too, didn't he.
i dunno he showed me a stable reading from a sub they had. they didnt even remove my subs from the box.

they didnt show me on my subs. i thought it was a bad ground when i brought my car back.

i sorta got a feeling they did something wrong because my amp didnt smoke til the 2nd time i dropped my car off

It's time for you to a) start reading at a place like bcae1.com, and b) get some rudimentary test equipment, like a DMM.

Right now, it's impossible to solve your problem if we're speaking a foreign language to you about this.

i dunno he showed me a stable reading from a sub they had. they didnt even remove my subs from the box.
they didnt show me on my subs. i thought it was a bad ground when i brought my car back.

i sorta got a feeling they did something wrong because my amp didnt smoke til the 2nd time i dropped my car off
Unfortunately JimJ is right. At some point we cant help much if you dont understand our advice, or have some basic knowledge of your system and how it should function.
I dont understand how the shop guy could suggest your sub has 'unstable ohms', and show you one of their subs with a 'stable' reading to demonstrate, but never show you your 'unstable' reading as proof. At what point should common sense kick in and say this salesman is trying to pull a fast one on you? I wasn't there, but it sure sound shady to me.

well it seemed like ******** to me

it isnt that i dont understand, the fact of the matter is the shop was full of ****. that became apparent after reading a few posts

they ****ed my **** up and blamed my equipment

i appreciate the help tough it just proves they lied to me

now im back at square one

Like I said, next time find someone who knows how to do this and buy him some beer and pizza and you'll get better work for a lot less. Cheaper than smoking more gear or getting ripped off by the shops.

I understand it may be hard to admit that you don't know "everything" about sound, but you should accept that and then you can begin to learn more. Physics, electrical engineering and acoustical science are not childs play that everyone understands. Finding someone who knows more than you to help can be of great benifit to you. You'll get your system done right, without smoking, and learn to do it yourself next time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.