Subs don't play as loud as they should

Participant count
  • Participant list

Roush87

I have two dual 4 sa8 v2s wired to 1 ohm on a sax 1200 d. HU is an alpine cda 105 . I installed the subs and amp about a month ago and it just doesn't seem to get very loud. The box is about .75^3 each side but is tuned to about 45 because the person who built it didn't care to listen to my recommendations of tuning it to 35 htz. What I'm trying to say is that I can barely get my mirrors to move and the subs don't seem to be moving very much. I just want some input on what could be wrong. Thanks in advance

What are the settings on the amp? And being tuned that high is a part of it. You need a new box at like 35 or so.
^^this for sure^^,Though,I wouldnt expect the ground to shake with 8in subs.A pair of tens,12s,or even a single heavy 10 or 12 may serve justice,rather than a pair of 8s..Just my opinion,in a well made ported enclosure

^^this for sure^^,Though,I wouldnt expect the ground to shake with 8in subs.A pair of tens,12s,or even a single heavy 10 or 12 may serve justice,rather than a pair of 8s..Just my opinion,in a well made ported enclosure
Yeah I like hearing them 15s or even 12s tuned to about 29hz where you can really feel it in your chest and it just takes your breath away. I had 4 8s tuned to 33hz and needless to say they weren't in my car for very long before I had another pair of 12s in their place....

Yeah I like hearing them 15s or even 12s tuned to about 29hz where you can really feel it in your chest and it just takes your breath away. I had 4 8s tuned to 33hz and needless to say they weren't in my car for very long before I had another pair of 12s in their place....
LOL..I hear ya on the chest banging of subs..Im running 4 XFL 12s on a pair of AB 4480.1 amps.Around 32 htz.I think that a decent pair of tens would do much better in the right enclosure, depending on the type of vehicle as well

I have them under the back seat in a silverado so that's why I went with the 8s. I figured it was the box and am in the process of building my own but I didn't know how big of a difference the tuning would make . I didn't want to build another box and run into the same problems I'm having now

LOL..I hear ya on the chest banging of subs..Im running 4 XFL 12s on a pair of AB 4480.1 amps.Around 32 htz.I think that a decent pair of tens would do much better in the right enclosure, depending on the type of vehicle as well
O yeah I remember you were lookin at my xfls but they were d2..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif how do they do having 4?

I have them under the back seat in a silverado so that's why I went with the 8s. I figured it was the box and am in the process of building my own but I didn't know how big of a difference the tuning would make . I didn't want to build another box and run into the same problems I'm having now
Build a new box tuned from 32hz-35hz. What direction are they firing? And what are the settings on the amp?

O yeah I remember you were lookin at my xfls but they were d2..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif how do they do having 4?
In my 98 3dr chevy truck deadened,2.06 cu ft prt chamber ported @32htz ea,They Slamm pretty good!!Lol,My eyes shake pretty good.and settings are still low,like @10 oclock position on ea amp,still insane

The new box is going to be tuned to 32 . The box I have now the subs are forward firing with a slot port forward firing. As for the amp it's at db-r getting repaired because something came loose inside so it stayed in protect mode all the time so I couldn't tell u off hand what it is set at

You can RAISE the rear seat about 3in and still look close to stock,and have passengers ride,to give you more room to build a better enclosure,subs firing forward,port to the side.As stated,to get any potential out of the subs you are running,you need a better enclosure built,and tuned

I know these 8s aren't going to be super loud or anything but from what I have seen they should still put out some good bass. Way more than they have been I think

The new box is going to be tuned to 32 . The box I have now the subs are forward firing with a slot port forward firing. As for the amp it's at db-r getting repaired because something came loose inside so it stayed in protect mode all the time so I couldn't tell u off hand what it is set at
Where was your amp mounted? On the box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.