Subs Don't Hit Near as Loud as They used to.

Bullet03
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
First off, I'm new here.. and I've run into a problem with my system. Earlier today I got new 4gauge amp wires. Same as I was using. The subs usually hit hard enough they rattle my mirrors.. When I was drivin tonight I noticed they were not hitting like they should, even with a great bass song playing.. what could be my problem.. oh the system is 2 Kicker CVR12's, Crunch powerzone p1100.2 amp. any help will be much appriciated

Maybe the strand count it lower or something? Grounds, loose connections?

Run your old wire outside your car and see if it hits louder. That may save you some time in the long run. Like diagnose if that's actually the problem you know?

Ok, here is exactly what I did.. I diconnected the battery, I disconnected the power wire from the battery, then from the amp. Ran the new wire and connected it to the amp, then the battery. Let the car run for a minute with the stereo off to make sure battery had a good charge, then turned the stereo on, and when the songs that normal rattle my car came on it barely rattled anything..

also another question i have, if i can get an answer without a childish remark, is my system setupt correctly? Meaning, I have kicker CVR12s which has the nominal impedance of 2 or 4 ohm per coil (dual VC) 800w peak 400 RMS, and a Crunch PowerZone P1100.2 amp which is at bridged 1100w at 2ohms 550x2 and at 4ohms 225x2

Yeah, we need to clear up what impendence (ohm) your subs are. We don't give childish remarks unless people come in here saying their sony xplods are the most banginest subs ever, or some stupid **** like that. If someone needs help, and are humble about it we're open arms.

Do you have a box or does it say on the sub +/- terminal whether it is 2 or 4 ohm... (the ohm symbol kind of looks like a horse shoe)

basically what im trying to figure out, because im having problems with my entire system right now is what is causing the subs to hit loud before i changed the wire, but not now.. and i just checked all my settings on the amp, none have been changed..

and i also just grabbed my manual for the amp. it says again, that if i run 4 ohm, bridged mono it will be 1100 watts. will this be okay? its a 2 channel so please tell me exatly the right way to wire this system, so that i can be sure everything is done correctly. and i appriciate all the help and responses.

buller03.jpg

Run it like that. Use the POS+ from the left channel and the NEG- from the right channel. That will be bridged mode 1100Wx1@4Ω.

Yeah, we need to clear up what impendence (ohm) your subs are. We don't give childish remarks unless people come in here saying their sony xplods are the most banginest subs ever, or some stupid **** like that. If someone needs help, and are humble about it we're open arms.
Do you have a box or does it say on the sub +/- terminal whether it is 2 or 4 ohm... (the ohm symbol kind of looks like a horse shoe)
But Sony Xplods are! Make sure one sub isn't blown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.