question

Participant count
  • Participant list

stilltippin863
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
ok i am doing 2 runs of 1/0 wire from front to back battery and then running 4ga off battery to highs amp and WAS going to run 1/0 off battery to my bass amp but i just looked and my bass amp has only 4ga terminals for power and ground so now that i have to run 4ga to my bass amp it is going to cut down the amp,voltage or whatever goes through wires correct??

They make a 0/1 gauge adapter, I got them from my local shop. Set screw on the wire end and tip that comes out that you put in your amp. I wish I knew what it was called. I'll try and find out for you. They were pretty cheap to.

well if your amp has 4ga input then no it wont cut down on anything your amp wont pull more current then your inputs can handle so look at it as your upgraded for the future if you choose to go bigger

They make a 0/1 gauge adapter, I got them from my local shop. Set screw on the wire end and tip that comes out that you put in your amp. I wish I knew what it was called. I'll try and find out for you. They were pretty cheap to.
yeah hook a brother up

They are like these, But mine are a different brand and didn't cost as much. Wire in one end, Shove the other end in your amp and done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16846_Stinger+SPT821+-Gold-.html

Edit: Wait I found some that are cheaper. http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1557388/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

If you want to google and look for your self I figured out that they are called "Gauge Reducer Adapter"

They are like these, But mine are a different brand and didn't cost as much. Wire in one end, Shove the other end in your amp and done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16846_Stinger+SPT821+-Gold-.html

Edit: Wait I found some that are cheaper. http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1557388/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

If you want to google and look for your self I figured out that they are called "Gauge Reducer Adapter"
**** i never knew they mad these things kool thanks alottt i am gunna order some right now

yw, Grab some. I like mine. it's good because Ii swap amps out a lot. And you don't have to worry about lose strands and stuff.

4 gauge wire should work fine if it is a short run. The resistance in the wire is where you loose voltage which causes reduces the output from your amp. The resistance is calculated by the guage of the wire and the length (and the material used if you want to get technical). The longer the run the larger the wire in order to keep resistance down. Thats why people use 1/0 guage for the long runs.

So if you keep your length short. A 4 guage will work fine for your amp and not lose any power.

4 gauge wire should work fine if it is a short run. The resistance in the wire is where you loose voltage which causes reduces the output from your amp. The resistance is calculated by the guage of the wire and the length (and the material used if you want to get technical). The longer the run the larger the wire in order to keep resistance down. Thats why people use 1/0 guage for the long runs.
So if you keep your length short. A 4 guage will work fine for your amp and not lose any power.
thank you very much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.