Subs cutting out then shut off

Participant count
  • Participant list

kyleg94cavy
10+ year member

Stan Farrey is the man!
Ever since i have bought my Profile 800 sx amp, my speakers wont work. First I had 2 Jensens and i had them hooked up, i knew the speakers worked cuz i had them hooked up to an amp prior to this one. The subs will turn on and sound comes from them, but when i barely st art to turn up the level on the amp, they will start to cut out then they'll shut off. Now i just bought a kicker solobaric and they do the same thing. It has to be the amp becuz I have eveything wire up right! please help me

I'd try to borrow another amp off a friend and see if you get different results. If it's the amp then send it back, get it fixed or buy a new one.

As a matter of fact it states in the manual of my amp....well dam* i cant find my manual, but newayz it says that to make sure that if you use the speaker level inputs on the amp then make sure the speaker signal is of a Floating Ground type or something like that I cant remember exactly. But this will cause the amp to cut out when the amp is supposed to hit. Ive heard of this happening before and you might want to try usng a LOC (Line Out Converter)to turn the speaker's signal into a low level RCA line signal. That might help out your situation.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.