Sub wiring help.

Participant count
  • Participants list
I really appreciate the suggestions and you wealth of knowledge but I am limited to what I can source locally. I do have a much better idea of what I'm looking for though so it's much appreciated. I'm gonna go to hi Joe's after work and try to find something like the taramp cause that looks nice.

Also, you must incorporate impedance rise. Wired to 2ohm, then as the sub plays the resistance (impedance) changes. So the amp won’t always be putting out 2 ohm. Staring with something a little more powerful, like as I mentioned “wiring down” isnt a bad idea.

Ok so I went with the MD 1200.1 amp with the comp r 12 inches (I don't plan to put anything bigger in). I have installed subs in the past without issue but the place I got it from said these are more sensitive so I should always use a tester to drain the amp of power before connecting it. Any suggestions or advice I should have before using this amp to avoid any issues that would cause me to have to go through any trouble? I want to get it right the first time.

Buy a clip m1 monitor. I’d say you’re cutting yourself short with the power but it’s your build! No amps “store power” you can plug it all right in

maybe she was just trying to scare me into paying them to install it. Either way I'll get it installed and let yall know how it goes before the weekends over. Question about an alternator and extra battery. My alternator is rated at 150 amps and I have a 12v 75 ah agm battery. Would you recommend getting a high output alternator or installing the battery with the subs or am I not drawing near enough power for this to matter?

Sounds like you should find a new shop! Is the battery new? I think that should be enough for atleast 1500w
maybe she was just trying to scare me into paying them to install it. Either way I'll get it installed and let yall know how it goes before the weekends over. Question about an alternator and extra battery. My alternator is rated at 150 amps and I have a 12v 75 ah agm battery. Would you recommend getting a high output alternator or installing the battery with the subs or am I not drawing near enough power for this to matter?

Are you talking about using the battery to replace your stock one or running it as a second?
IMO you don't need a second one but replacing your stock one can't hurt.
You don't need a HO alt either.
That amp only requires a 65 amp fuse so its not pulling that much power
If you notice your lights dim when the bass kicks in then you might want to do the big 3

I was thinking the big three would be a good idea. Again thanks for all the advice. Can't wait to make the neighbors down the street wet the bed.

I was actually just tuning mine, and the neighbors across the street said I was shaking the pictures on their wall. I wasn’t impressed with them having to listen to that
I was thinking the big three would be a good idea. Again thanks for all the advice. Can't wait to make the neighbors down the street wet the bed.

I was actually just tuning mine, and the neighbors across the street said I was shaking the pictures on their wall. I wasn’t impressed with them having to listen to that

I was only kidding cause I don't make a nuisance of myself but I could. I got the kicker package deal from best buy cause it was on sale so it comes with the box from the factory.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker...-with-enclosure-black/4969101.p?skuId=4969101

Thinking about getting Q Bomb enclosure later when I have the money.

Buy a clip m1 monitor. I’d say you’re cutting yourself short with the power but it’s your build! No amps “store power” you can plug it all right in

After a little while I am enjoying my new system. Finally got the gain and all that set and I like it but you were definitely right about the md3000. Its so close to being perfect but having that extra power would put it over the edge. I think I'll use the 1200.1 for the door speakers instead and grab a 3000 to use for the subs. It beats but it could beat more you know?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.