Sub wiring help.

Azoth428

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 3, 2021
FL
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
maybe she was just trying to scare me into paying them to install it. Either way I'll get it installed and let yall know how it goes before the weekends over. Question about an alternator and extra battery. My alternator is rated at 150 amps and I have a 12v 75 ah agm battery. Would you recommend getting a high output alternator or installing the battery with the subs or am I not drawing near enough power for this to matter?

JakeW

CarAudio.com Recruit
Oct 1, 2020
Thornton co
Sounds like you should find a new shop! Is the battery new? I think that should be enough for atleast 1500w
maybe she was just trying to scare me into paying them to install it. Either way I'll get it installed and let yall know how it goes before the weekends over. Question about an alternator and extra battery. My alternator is rated at 150 amps and I have a 12v 75 ah agm battery. Would you recommend getting a high output alternator or installing the battery with the subs or am I not drawing near enough power for this to matter?

Azoth428

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 3, 2021
FL
It's only been charged 15 or so times. It's about 2 months old.

Kickstand

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jan 1, 2021
Maple Ridge
Are you talking about using the battery to replace your stock one or running it as a second?
IMO you don't need a second one but replacing your stock one can't hurt.
You don't need a HO alt either.
That amp only requires a 65 amp fuse so its not pulling that much power
If you notice your lights dim when the bass kicks in then you might want to do the big 3

Azoth428

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 3, 2021
FL
I was thinking the big three would be a good idea. Again thanks for all the advice. Can't wait to make the neighbors down the street wet the bed.

JakeW

CarAudio.com Recruit
Oct 1, 2020
Thornton co
I was actually just tuning mine, and the neighbors across the street said I was shaking the pictures on their wall. I wasn’t impressed with them having to listen to that
I was thinking the big three would be a good idea. Again thanks for all the advice. Can't wait to make the neighbors down the street wet the bed.

Azoth428

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 3, 2021
FL
I was actually just tuning mine, and the neighbors across the street said I was shaking the pictures on their wall. I wasn’t impressed with them having to listen to that
I was only kidding cause I don't make a nuisance of myself but I could. I got the kicker package deal from best buy cause it was on sale so it comes with the box from the factory.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker-compr-dual-12-dual-voice-coil-2-ohm-subwoofers-with-enclosure-black/4969101.p?skuId=4969101

Thinking about getting Q Bomb enclosure later when I have the money.

Azoth428

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 3, 2021
FL
Buy a clip m1 monitor. I’d say you’re cutting yourself short with the power but it’s your build! No amps “store power” you can plug it all right in
After a little while I am enjoying my new system. Finally got the gain and all that set and I like it but you were definitely right about the md3000. Its so close to being perfect but having that extra power would put it over the edge. I think I'll use the 1200.1 for the door speakers instead and grab a 3000 to use for the subs. It beats but it could beat more you know?

Azoth428

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 3, 2021
FL
1 ohm model is all they had. Puts out 1000w but it is so close to being what I want that I would rather get a bigger one and gain down.

Azoth428

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 3, 2021
FL
So since these subs are rated at 500 rms is it safe to put 700 rms to them? Or will this kill the prematurely? I see people claiming they run higher then what they are rated for just fine but can't get any solid answers.

JakeW

CarAudio.com Recruit
Oct 1, 2020
Thornton co
First off, the 1ohm 1200.1 is only 1 channel so running it on door speakers you’ll have to have some serious equipment there. And it puts out 1200 at 1ohm, why do you keep saying 1000w?

Azoth428

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 3, 2021
FL
Well with all 4 door speakers hooked to the one channel it would split the power between all 4 evenly correct? Plus the speakers would be at 4 ohm so that would cut it down further. As for why I'm saying 1000 it's because my subs are 2 ohm and the amp is rated at 1000w at 2 ohms.

JakeW

CarAudio.com Recruit
Oct 1, 2020
Thornton co
Yes it would be split equally, as long as it was at that ohm rating, I do not know the amp output at 4ohm or above

JakeW

CarAudio.com Recruit
Oct 1, 2020
Thornton co
The 700 should be fine, but then again the only way to verify what the actual output is is to clamp the amp. 500rms, 1000max, I say 1800.1 2ohm model!

Azoth428

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 3, 2021
FL
That was exactly the model what I was thinking to. Maybe gain down a little to keep it at 15-20 percent of the subs rms rating which seems to be the general consensus. Going to pick up the 1800.1 tomorrow!

JakeW

CarAudio.com Recruit
Oct 1, 2020
Thornton co
Unless the md3 was in your budget sir. As we discussed before
That was exactly the model what I was thinking to. Maybe gain down a little to keep it at 15-20 percent of the subs rms rating which seems to be the general consensus. Going to pick up the 1800.1 tomorrow!

JakeW

CarAudio.com Recruit
Oct 1, 2020
Thornton co
The gain, remember is only to “match” the amp output to its signal output. It’s not a volume knob. If you have a crappy signal coming in, low gains can clip and hurt subs. It’s not just a “halfway gain” equals “half of amp rating” if that makes sense to you? What’s important is the high pass, and low pass. Bass boost off all the time!! Do you have a tuned enclosure to a certain hz?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds