Sub vs sub

Keep in mind, that a direct swap of generally comparable subs will likely only gain a few tenths on meter, and might not be audible.

It is a fallacy to make a blanket statement that all 2.5s will be louder than 3s on low power, but the reason I made that claim is that we are talking about strong motor subs. Ultra, fu 750 and ill add the twisted tsx in there.

All 3 of those will be louder than something like a lvl 3 on ~1400w.

Your best bet is to add power. Go up to a legitimate ~2500w amp. Your SAs will actually keep gaining well above 700w a piece. I had 2k on 1 and it was way louder than when i had 750w on 1. I went from 139.1 on 750w to 142.2 on ~2200w (trunk car)

Keep in mind, that a direct swap of generally comparable subs will likely only gain a few tenths on meter, and might not be audible.
It is a fallacy to make a blanket statement that all 2.5s will be louder than 3s on low power, but the reason I made that claim is that we are talking about strong motor subs. Ultra, fu 750 and ill add the twisted tsx in there.

All 3 of those will be louder than something like a lvl 3 on ~1400w.

Your best bet is to add power. Go up to a legitimate ~2500w amp. Your SAs will actually keep gaining well above 700w a piece. I had 2k on 1 and it was way louder than when i had 750w on 1. I went from 139.1 on 750w to 142.2 on ~2200w (trunk car)
What amp would you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on your budget. I reccomend a korean amp, but used you are looking at 300-350 and new will be over 400. The AL 2500 is a good amp, I believe its 499.

You could do chinese amps at a lesser price tag.

Either way, you will need at least a good secondary battery (if you dont have one)

Depends on your budget. I reccomend a korean amp, but used you are looking at 300-350 and new will be over 400. The AL 2500 is a good amp, I believe its 499.
You could do chinese amps at a lesser price tag.

Either way, you will need at least a good secondary battery (if you dont have one)
I don't have a 2nd, what about a soundstream 3k?

The ta3k? Im not personally a huge fan, but it will definately do more power and priced reasonably. Falls into cheaper chinese category

"Really good" and epsilon boards dont belong in the same sentance. But they do allegedly close to 2500w under 300$. If you are aiming at that budget, it is one of the better options.

New, the twisted 1.8k (more like 2300w board) is the best amp under 400.

Used, alot of options. Fsd2600 (does like 2800) go for like 325 or so. Ive seen stuff like skar sk2500s, dd m2c's etc all go under 400

Then what about the 400$ range? That's .5 ohm stable

find any used

FSD, audio legion, Skar, Crescendo, DC audio, twisted sounds, ampere, sundown, incriminator, digital designs, b2 audio 3.5k to 4k amps for sale in the classifieds.

Theres a big difference in actual loudness and bass quality vs all the chinese brands you mentioned.

find any used
FSD, audio legion, Skar, Crescendo, DC audio, twisted sounds, ampere, sundown, incriminator, digital designs, b2 audio 3.5k to 4k amps for sale in the classifieds.

Theres a big difference in actual loudness and bass quality vs all the chinese brands you mentioned.
Hifonics Zeus 3200?

Used korean 2.5k > new chinese 3k

New Korean 1.8-2k > chinese 3k.

Some of the sites will be doing tax sales if you insist on new. You might find the twisted 1.8 or synergy 15.1 (2200w) for around 350, and they would both spank a hifonics, soundstream etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.