Sub vs sub

I currently have 2 SA 12s D2 on a db drive 2800w amp and I had a few subs that are around the same price. Let me know what sounds louder.

American Bass XFL 12

NVX VC 12

Crescendo Forte 12

DC Audio level 3 12 M2

Skar DDX-12

PSI Platform 2

Or I was thinking on sending my sa's into psi and letting them upgrade them.

Cab ultra 12s.

That db drive is actually only 1400w rms. So youd be better off staying with 2.5" coils. The ultras are basically the best on the market. The FU 750 12s are beastly too

Because it is easier to move with the power you have
A lot more comes into play then the diameter of a coil. A sub could have a heavy long 2.5" coil that weights the same as a shorter 3" coil. And the subwoofer motor strength. What spiders are used. The enclosure u use. Etc..... just saying a 2.5" coil is better for the power is crap. But the SA woofer and cab woofer are the best 2.5" coil woofer on the market.

No point to swapping unless you blew your subs or want to wire to different ohm load

And then I would just get a 2000w amp that can do .5ohm

Those sa's are great subs

Why would staying with a 2.5 coil be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lighter weight lower mms = more efficient and louder on less power. Unless you have 3000 watts rms or so, going to a pair of 3 inch coils wont get you any louder.

3 inch coil = heavier moving mass MMS = less efficiency = less loud unless you throw enough power to it.

there are some 3 inch coils that are less wound or shorter for more efficiency at the sacrifice of power handling and xmax and there are some 2.5 inch coils that have multi layer wounds and have increased power handling but sacrificed efficiency.

What you want to aim for is high efficiency, low mms and high BL along with the proper EBP figures to work in the type of enclosure you want to run.

I have them wired to .5 on a 2k amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
your db drive okur A6 2800 is only 1400 rms. wired at at half ohm after box/impedance rise you'll see around 1 to 1.5 ohms final impedance. so yeah only 1200-1400 real world watts.

Please note, this is not bashing the amp, its physics, every good amp out there goes through this box rise crap as well its annoying but its physics, nothing you can do to fight it other than wiring lower but that presents a problem itself as well.

Well now I think I'm going to trade for a massive 15 or is that a dumb idea?

b8bf7f8a352b7587f956247a494700c2.jpg

I wouldn't

Sa's are hard to beat as a sub and you would only be dropping cone area and higher ohm load unless it's d1 or quad2

If you need more output why not get 2 more and more power?

4 12's on 4K can get rowdy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.