Sub Suggestion

Participant count
  • Participants list
FI has been saying up to 45 days due to covid before they get built last time I checked on anything at their website. Best to ask them via email or facebook as they usually get right back to you.

"Due to COVID-19 all orders can have upto 45 business days lead time"

Too Bad they don't make the 12" in a Dual 4ohm otherwise I would seriously think about them over the SSA Icons I have been looking at as the RMS is perfect on the XV3 Series.

Either way you can not go wrong with either the SSA Subwoofer, FI or DD or even DC.

Talk to @Buck about a box and the results he has gotten out of each of those subwoofers as he has done a few hundred box designs over the years.

what do u think about the crescendo
He is only going to get maybe 3 cubes per sub in a ported enclosure with his available space. Probably less after sub , port and bracing displacement. These are all great subs, but I would think that most of these need 4 cubes for each sub. Can you raise the enclosure size a bit? Or are you stuck at the measurements you originally posted?
i can raise the depth like 5 inches, i just didnt want the box to take up all the space in my suburban

Like others stated, since you couldn’t build an ideal box for 2 15s would you consider 2 12s? They’ll take the same wattage and it’d still be PLENTY bass. And you have the room to build the optimum box.

Agreed with the above post. If he's worried about space 2x12 or even a strong single 15 would be plenty for a daily setup (especially since he's mentioned getting an aftermarket alternator which will give him true power on the amp, very few people actually get true power on there amps).

If your getting true power + building a custom box then you'd be suprised at how little you actually need to get loud.

Even a possible Single 18" might be a possibility as we know some take less then others. Kinda agree though I would go with 2 12" if it was me. I have the room to do multiple 15" but I need room for groceries otherwise I would so 2 12" SSA Icons or DC Audio Level 3s when I upgrade from the 2 10" TNT-1044s I just got this year to get me through.

Like others stated, since you couldn’t build an ideal box for 2 15s would you consider 2 12s? They’ll take the same wattage and it’d still be PLENTY bass. And you have the room to build the optimum box.
see thats what alot of people have been telling me, that i dont need 15’s and 12’s will get jus as loud and maybe even louder, so what kind of 12’s would be good? suggestions for the sfb 3k or jp23 (2300rms)

Last edited:
Even a possible Single 18" might be a possibility as we know some take less then others. Kinda agree though I would go with 2 12" if it was me. I have the room to do multiple 15" but I need room for groceries otherwise I would so 2 12" SSA Icons or DC Audio Level 3s when I upgrade from the 2 10" TNT-1044s I just got this year to get me through.
what do you think would sounds better/louder the dc or the ssa?

I’ve heard great things about dc and ssa
what do you think would sounds better/louder the dc or the ssa?
For the price... I’d go 2 SSA ICON 12s with the SFB 3k. The DC Level 4 is a great sub, but idk if the $100+ extra per sub is worth it when the ICONs are just as good. But honestly, you’d be satisfied with either. And like @Coolhand20th mentioned... talk to @Buck for the optimum box design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.