Sub problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fast1one
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
California
I finished my install and fired my subs up.....4 assassin 8s. All sounded well until I noticed that one of the subs is making a slaping noise after a few minutes of play. Im guessing its either...

1. tinsel lead slapping which I doubt, because its too loud for that and none of the other woofers are doing it....

2. Dustcap loose. However it doesnt appear to be loose.

So my question is does the assassin have an inner dustcap that may have came loose? Can a leak on the main dustcap make a noise that loud?

Its a little annoying, but I cant really hear it in the cabin. My main concern is that I dont want any more permanent damage to happen to the sub.....Thanks in advance....

Actually thats the wierd part...it doesnt do it!!! (kinda of a ***** taking it out too lol) I then started to think if maybe the sub was wired out of phase, and it wasnt....didnt look like it either once i put the sub back in...

maybe just something loose in your trunk??
I thought about that but it just seemed so close to the sub...im going to take out again tommorow and free air it again....also check polarity if that makes a difference....
Maybe I just need sound deatning....Yes thats next //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for the help guys

did you leave anything in the box?
Lol i thought of that too....I dont think so....I wired the box when it was outside....I put the crimps, wire, and crimpers away when i was done....after that I put the subs in and proceeded to take put the box in my car....Nothing else i can think of...
Plus the sound is isolated, so i doubt it is a loose object....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.