Need Help with Compact system in Camaro (6.5's)

lynchmob723
10+ year member

MPLS, MN
I have 4 6.5 inch speaker holes in my Camaro...Can i get 6.5" subs and have enough bass? I was looking at Tang Bands since every1 seems to rave about them. Would they offer enough bass though?. I know id have to add custom tweeter pods in front, but that is fine. Also what could I do for mid bass? tune the fronts for more mid bass? Suggestions?

I dont think your gonna get much bass out of 6.5's. i know camaro's have small trunks (i have one myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ) but at one point i had 2 l7's in the back and its convertable so my trunk is even smaller then yours.

The TB 4 Ohm 6.5's are monster little drivers. They will do midbass on down but don't try to get them extending beyond midbass. Your doors will rattle like all hell broke loose and your rear pannels will also - my buddy had two of them up front for midbass and they were WAY overkill. Four of them would be decent but don't expect anything earth shattering out of them for subwoofer duty. Now if you had an enclosure and tuned them properly, then it might be another story...but then you're back to having subs in a box, which you're trying to stay away from.

he dunno nothin bout nothing up there... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Loyd L.

Get something small, one or two 8s or even the TB 6.5s and put them in a small enclosure, ported or seal. Should fill in nicely....

As for Midbass, invest in quality comps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.