Sub performance

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nsb127916

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a pioneer 12” in a box with a built in amplifier. Many trips opening the trunk to mess with the settings. I have noticed that every time I open the trunk the speaker starts performing as I want it to. Louder, deeper, more vibrant. So my question is how can I help it perform with the trunk closed as it does with the trunk open?

Very common occurrence. You have cancellation. Move the sub to the rear of the trunk and face it to the rear of the car, that usually solves the problem.

I have the same issue....
4dr sedan.
Trunk is a bass trap.
Ski pass is the only opening to the cabin.

Forward firing, pretty well sealed off sounds great and no trunk rattles... BUT..it lacks lows.

Rear or side firing sounds better... BUT trunk and rear deck sounds like garbage cans rolling down the driveway...

I have the same issue....
4dr sedan.
Trunk is a bass trap.
Ski pass is the only opening to the cabin.

Forward firing, pretty well sealed off sounds great and no trunk rattles... BUT..it lacks lows.

Rear or side firing sounds better... BUT trunk and rear deck sounds like garbage cans rolling down the driveway...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...