Sub not hitting like used to

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savagexjoker

CarAudio.com Newbie
Okay so my amp stopped working a few days ago i checked everything from ground to fuses, so i figured my amp was going bad it was really old anyways. So I finally upgraded to a boss 4000D amp and i hooked it all up excited and i cant seem to get my sub to get nearly as loud as it was prior to the old amp going bad. Ive messed with all the settings on amp and HU and still not the same. Someone help. I have a 15in boss sub btw.

Yeah, hard to imagine something that was upgraded by being replaced with a Boss anything :unsure:
Sorry to hear that. But the previous replies are true, Boss tends to exaggerate their output claims, which is a pity because they do have some nice looking amps (Armor Series). Anyway, look for db drive amps in ebay. There is the a7 750.1 $90, and the a8 750.1 $110. They are refurbished hence the price. Either of those will easily power your sub since they are true spec. And the small footprint is what I love most about them. I have used the a8 on a 10" dd3500 sealed box and the trunk rattle was stupid! I could only imagine how crazy it would have sounded in a ported box. Those amps are the best I could find in ebay that met the criteria of- quality, power, size, consumption, and price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.