Sub not getting enough power

Participant count
  • Participant list
Summarized, I installed a sub and amp and the sub is not getting enough power.

I am using Sony XPLOD XM-1652Z 2 CH 1000 W 2/1 Channel Amplifier XM1652Z DAKmart.

As well as JackHammer JH4512-04 12" Single 4 Ohm Subwoofer | shop.mtx.com.

According to my manuals as well as these websites, the jackhammer is 250 RMS-500 max at 4 ohms. The amp says 400 watts bridged at 4 ohms. Barely any sound is coming out. I went through a list in my head of things that could be wrong.

1. Poor grounding- I believe the metal I grounded the amp to in the trunk was welded, but I know the screw goes beyond that, touching the metal base of my trunk. Not sure how big of a problem this is.

2. I am using a cheap Line-Out Converter- I was told to get an aftermarket head unit because the sound quality will increase tremendously, but would it affect the amount of power the sub receives? Also, the LOC is tapped into my stock bose amp which I believe is 1 ohm. Would that matter?

3. Both my power and ground are 4 gauge. The speaker wire is 14 gauge.

What's the deal?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.