Pioneer FH-800BT Install Trouble

Participant count
  • Participant list

avar

Hi Audio Gurus,

Hope someone can give me a hand here.

I was trying to install my new Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT yesterday and ran into some roadblocks.

The car is a 2007 Grand Prix (without the monsoon upgrade).

Here's where I'm a little unclear.

I had the stereo hooked up, using a GMOS-01 wire harness and a PAC SWI-PS module for the steering wheel controls.

Have power to the stereo, OnStar is working, chimes working.

Volume controls on the stereo are not responding, all i get on the stereo is "mute" when i hit volume up or down.

I'm also not 100% sure on connecting the PAC module, so i hope i can get some help there.

According to the Identification and Connection Chart I'm supposed to connect the green wire on the PAC module to the SWC wire. Would that wire be

on the GMOS harness or car?

Oh! And one other thing on the GMOS. One step states to "Connect the blue/white wire to the amp turn on wire of the aftermarket radio and to the blue/white wire in the 24pin harness"

I'm assuming i can tape those two wires off? As I'm not using an amp.

Thanks!

swc wire is not on the gmos. you will have to find it in the car. it should give you a location and pic of the harness it is in with the paperwork of the swc module.

i would connect the blue white either way.

Your car may have an amp for the speakers, I've installed decks on cars with amps and forgot to hook them up. Some decks stay on mute, some don't

Thank you for your reply friends.

I found a link on the pac-audio forums after doing some searching through Google that gives more detailed instructions for the 2004-2008 Grand Prix's.

It sounds like i have to connect the SWI-PS's green wire to Pin A7 (blue or green) on the GM24 connector. And the Pin A6 (Pink or Violent) to +12V acc.

Interesting on the amp, i checked the trunk but didn't see an amp, maybe i was looking in the wrong location (supposedly the stock amp is supposed to be in the trunk)

Checked again just to make sure, but I'm 99% sure there's no amp (unless I'm completely blind, and reading up it sounds like only the monsoon upgraded grand prix's come with the amp)

My educated guess would be that i'm somehow not connecting the blue/white (amp turn on wire) correctly.

The instructions tell me to:

"Connect the blue/white wire to the amp turn on wire of the aftermarket radio and to the blue/white wire in the 24 pin harness"

Reading that over now i think i realized where i screwed up. (i think)

I connected the blue/white wire to the 24pin harness, but not the radio wire. As i didn't have a wire labeled as that on the radio. There was a blue/white wire with a weird connector on it labeled system remote control that i ignored. I'm guessing if i solder those 3 wires together I'll have the mute issue fixed.

no offence or anything. but with the data systems and all in the gm cars you dont want to mess it up. i am a shop owner and i wouldnt suggest this install for a rook. not terribly difficult but not a quickie either.

No for sure, i appreciate the honesty. I was quoted $400+ by a couple places here in Calgary and figured id try and do it myself as it didn't look to complicated (I've done a deck install before and had no problems.) This one is just a bit more work. I'll see if i can find a place that'll do it for cheaper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.