Sub makes noise when car turns on

Participant count
  • Participant list

afenech

Sydney
I have had a fusion sub in my car for a while. It was initially installed using the high input converter as the stock head unit for my car did not have an RCA outlet. However I recently purchased a head unit and have connected it with RCA cables. However when I turn on the car the sub makes a loud noise. When I unplug the RCA cables this does not happen.

I have no idea what to do.

There's a chance it's the head unit, but it's most likely the RCA cables receiving interference.

Be sure they're not being run alongside any power wires for the amp. They must just be faulty, inferior, or not shielded to begin with. What brand are they?

I have had a fusion sub in my car for a while. It was initially installed using the high input converter as the stock head unit for my car did not have an RCA outlet. However I recently purchased a head unit and have connected it with RCA cables. However when I turn on the car the sub makes a loud noise. When I unplug the RCA cables this does not happen.
I have no idea what to do.
Is it an initial "pop" or a constant noise? What kind of Hu is it?

The amp is built in, it is one of the active enclosures.

I'm not sure what brand it is.

The Head Unit is a kenwood.

The cable was running along side the power cables so that may be the issue. If that doesn't work I'll just try getting a different set of cables.

Thank you guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.