sub info

Participant count
  • Participant list

Adam182001
10+ year member

Nassau
Rockford Fosgate RBP1081

8" Bandpass Subwoofer Enclosure

Is bandpass good? I am limited by my parents on how big they'' let get the sub. I wont try my luck with anything bigger than 10".

How good a bass can u get from a 8" or 10 ". Should it be loud enuff to penetrate the rear seat in a chevy cavalier?

thanks

adam

An 8 inch sub in any enclosure will put out the equivilent of a pair of 6x9's in the trunk of a cavalier, go with a high quality 10 and you should get some good bass response, Audiomobile makes some of the best 10's on the market today.

hello

so something like the MTX T610A 10" Hatchback Subwoofer in the trapezoid box, would but out good bass running off its reccomended Rms wattage, without too much " Advertising"

i jus want better bass in my car w/ the windows cranked up, than the 6x9's in the rear deck put out. not too loud as the compnents may not be in the car too long, if they are advertised.

adam

audiobahn 10's http://www.carstereoworld.com/audiobahn/ab10sub.html#anchor408198

A240

Model A240 is the most impressive of all because it features a double sided circuit board and many other upgrades, Oversized gold-plated power connectors (2 gauge), Oversized gold-plated speaker connectors (8 gauge), Choke filters, Primary filter capacitors, Super heavy-duty Mosfets, Heavy-duty diodes, Heavy-duty bipolar output transistors, Pulse width modulated power supply & protection logic circuits, Power supply toriod with standard winding, Secondary line filters, Electrolytic power storage capacitors, Audio circuitry, RCA input and output jacks, Left and right channels are seperated, each with it's own power supply......like having two mono amplifiers in one chassis. This mono block design helps to secure superior performance in specification and less interference between each channel. All parts are symmetric, allowing for even heat dissipation with heatsink. RMS Power: 200W x 2, Max Power: 400W x 2, Bridged Power: 800W x 1, Bandwidth+/- 1dB: 10Hz - 35KHz, Signal To Noise: >100dB, Damping Factor: >150, CH. Seperation: >75dB, Input Sensitivity: 250mV-4V, Input Impedance: 20Kohm, Power Use: 2 x 30Amp, Crossover: Low Pass: 70Hz, High Pass: 120Hz, X-Over Slope: 12dB, 45Hz Boost, Dimension: W: 10.1 IN, H: 2.2 IN, L: 15.0 IN

$269

http://nexxon.com/ampleaudio/ampleaudioamps.htm

hehe waaaalaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! this be good stuff (not great but should get u what you want)

IF you are up to some customizing- (minimal) and want a good response. I would slightly modify your rear deck to hold 2 JL Audio 8W3's. You will need to slightly cut the rear deck to accomodate the larger diameter speaker. Then build a sealed enclosure that will fasten directly to the rear deck from the bottom. Fabricate a new rear deck cover- and have the subs firing strait up mounted in your rear deck. This design typically will yeild an extra 3db in output, and will certainly make the music seem more defined.

The enclosure should be small enough that it virtually takes up very little space in the trunk- making parents happy too.

This is a design I used in my old car with a set of JL Audio 12W6's and Infinity Perfect 12.1's. - it is a little work, but very much worth the results.

If you would like to know a little more about this- I'd be glad to explain- and walk you through step by step.

Take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.