Sub help

Participant count
  • Participant list

jstaguy24
10+ year member

Sorry this will be a bit long. I have always ran dual 10's or 12's in the past. I bought my first 15 a couple years ago, I only had it briefly before moving and had to sell it because I couldn't take it with me. I recently had 2-15's in my suburban. Loved them. Had them in a huge ported box. 4.5 net per sub. I traded the suburban to a guy for a ranger extra can truck so I'm starting over. The local dealer talked me into 12's again. I bought 1 ct sounds strato 12 with intentions of buying a second. After some listening I decided to try and stick to 1 sub. I have it a ported box now, it's not prefab but it only has about 1.25 cubic feet net. Sounds ok, gets decently loud but the real low notes are very weak. "Bass I love you" sounds like I'm running a single 5" sub or something (not my typical music, was just a test, but very weak output) last night I was listening to kid rock at a moderate volume. About half way through the song the sub started popping. No change in volume or anything. I put on some bass music, doesn't seem to pop on it, and I can push it pretty hard. The popping is more on the fast rock beats that I typically listen to. I have a new ported box I'm building now that will have more airspace. But I'm not sure if something is wrong with my sub now. If I have to return it, I'm not sure what to get in exchange. Go back to a single 15? Get a higher power handling 12? 10's? I am going to ultimately end up with a blow through. Was told by one shop a 15 wouldn't work well in the truck due to smaller cabin space. I loved my 15's in a large box in my sub, they were loud, clear, musical, everything I wanted. not sure what to settle on in this different vehicle now. The 1 12 in a small ported box is lacking a bit. A better box I'm sure will open it up some. I'm running 1 12 at 2 ohms on an audiopipe ap1800.1

Any recommendations, suggestions would be appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.