Sub Help! PLEASE

elemnt360

I recently just bought a 12" type r off of a friend. When we first put the sub in my car everytime it hit, it would make this squeaking noise. We took it out of the box, made sure nothing was loose and then put it back in. The sound then got worse so i decided it might have to be the box. I went and got a new box and put it in, the squeaking is gone for the most part but still there. Does anyone have any idea what could be making these stupid squeaking noises?

If you need any other info just let me know, thanks!

The first box is the one that squeaked alot, it was a big ported box. Then i went and bought a smaller second one without a port. (was the cheapest) And it makes it ALOTT less. And i have it in my trunk in a prelude facing outwards (you can read type r with the trunk open) So does this mean i just got screwed if it is the voice coils?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.