Sub help for new small area build

Deon1818

MN
Hey guys I'm setting up a system for my 97 firebird, I only want to take up the top area of the trunk and leave the bottom spot for the t tops so space is limited, not sure of exact dimensions but I think it's about a 10 inches high and a foot deep and like 40 some inches wide. So for this build I want something that sounds great but still slams, I'd like to hit lows as well, and I've been looking at 8 inch subs, should I try an sa 8 v3 or American bass vfl or just go with a 10 inch, no I don't have an amp yet yes I have a budget. Will an 8 just disappoint me in the low end, I think it would be fun to embarrass my friends twelves with an 8 or two

Opinions? Thanks for the help

You think those sealed would do better than ported 8's? Sealed might make sense though because I might have a hard time with port placement in this build, I want to look at the trunk again but the car is being painted now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.