Sub enclosure help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

tony1977

Ok I currently have 2 memphis 12s down firing under my f150s back seat. My plans are to get 4 p3 rockfords 12s and build a rear center for the other 2 subs. My current box is 1.5cubes a piece. P3s are recommended in 1.0. Can I put 2 subs in 3 cubes and the other pair in 2? All four are going to be running of my rockford 1500

I'm trying to follow what you are thinking about doing, but it is a little hard. Are you thinking of building a custom center console in the rear? If not, then what are your plans for the enclosure location?

Yes I'm building a center console for 2 subs with recomended air space(1.0) I'm wondering if I can use my current enclosure under the seat that has 1.5 per sub for the other 2? Do they all have to be the same air space or no?

I would think that would be a bit of a waste to custom build an enclosure for two, and then shove two into a pre-fab enclosure.

And yes, if you are going to run them on the same amp it can cause issues with getting the amp set right for all subs. If they are in enclosures that are not designed to work the same, one pair will work differently then the other pair.

I would focus more on getting the enclosure designed and built right for all 4 if that is your plan. The enclosure is the back bone of the sub stage and will make or break a set up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.