Stock HU/line output converter

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdawg90
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
alberta
I'm doing research on a future car where i'd keep the stock HU. What does it take to properly integrate a stock HU with a system using a 4 channel amp and a mono amp?

I've read cheap line output converters can cause distortion and signal clipping. I'm looking at these audiocontrol oem integration device comparison but I'm really not sure what I'm looking at.

OEM Integration

Which of these will give 3 basic preamp outputs? I'm gonna be going passive so I don't need an equalizer. HPF/LPF from the stock amp won't apply to the preamps if you tap into the speaker wire, will it?

I've always replaced the head unit and ran the preamps straight to the amp so all of this is new to me. I'm just trying to figure out how to do it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't sell AudioControl products but I think the LC6i is what most people use for this application. Going passive doesn't mean you don't need an equalizer. You can go without it but more control of the sound is desirable. "Internal summing" means it will take all of the channels from your factory amplifier and combine them to make a 20 Hz - 20 kHz full range signal.

Are you looking at AudioControl because these devices fit your budget or other reasons? What is your budget?

I don't sell AudioControl products but I think the LC6i is what most people use for this application. Going passive doesn't mean you don't need an equalizer. You can go without it but more control of the sound is desirable. "Internal summing" means it will take all of the channels from your factory amplifier and combine them to make a 20 Hz - 20 kHz full range signal.
Are you looking at AudioControl because these devices fit your budget or other reasons? What is your budget?
I'm just shopping around and audiocontrol was the first I saw. I'm really just doing research, it will probably be a while. I'm just trying to figure out what it's gonna cost to get everything I want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.