Sub and Amp to match a Gladen 100.4 DSP

Participant count
  • Participant list

DeruDog

UK
I am designing a system for a 2012 VW Passat to listen to acoustic music on my commute. Some blues and alternative also. My top choice for an Amp/DSP is the Gladen 100.4 which, you guessed it, puts out 100W per channel to 4 6.5 component speakers.

I will design a sub-box to go under my rear deck, and think I want a 10" sub for this configuration. Not sure which one to get and what amp to power it with. Budget for the SW/amp is about $400.

Sorry for the confusion: looking for the correct sub and amp to match the 100.4 with 6.5" component speakers. Not looking for 2000W amp and 3x14" woofers, for example. Also not looking for 50W amp with a 6.5" woofer. What is the correct sweet-spot in between for the music style I mentioned? Acoustic, jazz, blues. I imagine I will be looking at a 10" SW at about 300W? Would that be right? Also, not sure whether to go with a $200 driver and a $200 amp, or some other thing. Any brand/model advice is most welcome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.