Sub/Amp Combo for $300

lemon
10+ year member

CT
im looking to put a sub and amp in my car. i want sound quality over loudness. i have a sony cdx m800 head unit currently and dont want to upgrade unless i really have to. i was looking at putting in one alpine type r 10" then spending the rest on an amp, but im not sure what amp to look at.

i would go with a tc, jl, high end eclipse, mb quart just to name a few choices that are more sq oriented than the type r which is not much for sq. woofersetc.com has a sale on mb quart subs right now.

i recommend sealed for sq. well it will depend on the sub as far as power handling and voice coil configuration. so once you pick out a sub let me know and i will find a good match for it. throw me a link when you pick out a sub.

i could sell you a maw15 and box for under $100 picked up if interested. also have other subs. where you at in ct.?

no experience with the ed sub but have been told it's pretty decent. the amp is nice though, ran one for awhile with no problems at all.

my car has 2 thick black/red cables in the trunk (i know the red goes to the battery and im guessing the black has a ground somewhere), a small green one that goes to the back of the deck and av cables. is this all the wiring i need? ill take pics if my explanation doesnt give you a good idea of what im talking about. and how are the speakers i said i was getting? the polk db651?

This is only my opinion but I would go for a Polk Audio subwoofer, yes thats my answer for everything lol but only because they sound great. So if you want quality sound, over how loud it goes, I'd say go with a Polk sub(s) and maybe an Infinity amp, good sound quality amp as well. Look on e-bay for great deals as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.