Stero stopped working.

Participant count
  • Participant list

DV56

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and hoping someone can help me with my stereo. I have a 2001 Toyota 4Runner. I purchased it from my sister and it's mint. I drove it home a week ago and listened to the radio. Everything worked fine. I was detailing it today and decided to put a CD in. I put the CD in and pushed it in waiting for it to grab and it never did. I had pushed it in so far that when I tried to pull it out, it went the rest of the way in. I noticed the power wasn't on, so I pushed the power button and nothing. No display at all. My sister says every function on the unit works. The antenna is down which means it's in CD mode as it goes up when the radio is on. When I brought it home, I can't remember if I turned it off. However, the antenna has come up the few times I've started the car. My sister said she never turned the power off since she bought it in 2001. The unit is stock and I have checked the fuses. Two questions:

1. Does the antenna come up if the unit is turned off when I start the SUV, or does the unit have to be on?
2. Also, if I did power it down, could a switch/contact be stuck/dirty not allowing it to come back on since it's never been turned off?

Thanks for any advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.