Sterio not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

94 dodge

CarAudio.com Newbie
Shop
Hi I have a 94 dodge regular cab pickup. I had pioneer speakers put in it a few years ago along with a basic single din kenwood radio. I just restored the interior and found
there are 2 more speakers behind the seats so I put new pioneer speakers there and found out they weren’t wired to the radio. I hooked them up and they worked for a few days and then my radio started flashing protect. I did some research and figured I had a short. I unhooked the speakers that I put in behind the seats and and the radio stopped working all together. I have power to the radio but it won’t turn on. Just curious if someone has run into something similar to this?

thanks

Just curious if someone has run into something similar to this
I have never heard of a radio having that protect feature. Did it say protect on the screen?
Anyways, I assume you have checked the fuses on the radio. Did you also make sure the red wire was getting power. Both Red and Yellow wires need power for radio to function.

Yea it would just flash protect on the screen. Both the red and yellow have power. All the fuses were good even the one on the back of the radio. I even had another radio lying around that I plugged into it and still nothing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...