Stereo Won't Turn On????

Participant count
  • Participant list

zeke813505
10+ year member

I was installing a new stereo in my truck and lost where the power wire is. Just my luck it touched the stereo,sparked and now won't turn on. Its not only that stereo either. I had two brand new ones and tried those but still would not turn on. I changed the (radio on) fuse on the truck and still same problem. Anyone who knows what is going on or has idea please lmk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

I was installing a new stereo in my truck and lost where the power wire is. Just my luck it touched the stereo,sparked and now won't turn on. Its not only that stereo either. I had two brand new ones and tried those but still would not turn on. I changed the (radio on) fuse on the truck and still same problem. Anyone who knows what is going on or has idea please lmk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif
It's most likely another fuse, check to see if anything else isn't working, like the interior lights, it can help narrow down which fuse blew, or just check all of your fuses. Some cars have a panel in the dash and under the hood so be sure to check both.

Some radios have a fuse on the back of them also.Underhood fuse box also/possibly?to check see if stereo works fine, you can take yellow/and red wire and tie together to a single test wire, and the ground, and touch batt post for the -,and +,and if it lights up, its good..Knowing you have an issue with the supply in the vehicle.When it sparked, it blew a fuse somewhere for sure though

Some radios have a fuse on the back of them also.Underhood fuse box also/possibly?to check see if stereo works fine, you can take yellow/and red wire and tie together to a single test wire, and the ground, and touch batt post for the -,and +,and if it lights up, its good..Knowing you have an issue with the supply in the vehicle.When it sparked, it blew a fuse somewhere for sure though
Touching the yellow and red turned it on. Thanks alot. So now I know the stereo works any idea how to get it back to normal

Touching the yellow and red turned it on. Thanks alot. So now I know the stereo works any idea how to get it back to normal
Have the same issue with an Eclipse CD7200mkii. Be interested in learning about this as well. Pioneer AVH-P8400BH wires up just fine normal, but the Eclipse needs the wires crossed to turn on. Has been like that since before West had it.

Most after market stereos have a small button to push to reset the head unit..I use a toothpick, and hold it in for a count of 8 seconds, then release, and goes back to default setting

Most after market stereos have a small button to push to reset the head unit..I use a toothpick, and hold it in for a count of 8 seconds, then release, and goes back to default setting
Its not only that one head unit. Its every unit I use does the same thing.

I'll pass that on to West when I send it back as a potential option. Not about to go back in there and move stuff around if it's working right now. Just sucks that I have to remove the faceplate to turn the stereo off lol. Gets me used to making sure it won't get stolen, though.

Found the problem!! It was another fuse. "Delayed Accessory power for audio etc" thanks everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.