STATE your DREAM CAR!

Originally posted by Moocow16 hey, i don't know much about BMW's, but i was considering getting a used 3-series, are they any good?
depends if you like them or not! i love them...but a baretta spoiler on the back...mmmm...

Originally posted by Moocow16 what's the performance like? if i get one, i'm selling my mustang, so i'm not sure what i wanna do
depends on the year/type....try and get a 5 speed...if you can drive stick

Originally posted by mykeys Tommy I am sorry.. I was feeling a little grumpy this morning.. It didn't occur to me till a few hours later that you were being skeptical rather than argumentative.

Any way I did a search to show you what I am talking about.. It seems my numbers are off but not by a lot.

http://www.geocities.com/infieldg/v8sohc427.html

This one is a little long winded but some good info.. all relevant info is at the bottom.

http://phystutor.tripod.com/stang/engines/427sohc.html

Mike
I get where your going with this 427, but i am still thinking about the motor that was actually in the Boss, which is the 429. But that 427 is a kick a$$ motor, ****.

this is a very difficult subject for me because I think it changes weekly but I have always had an afliction for the Lamborgini Countach 25th Aniversary edition, (1989) all black of course, but then again I can for get the 1987 Porsche 911 Turbo, or the Ford GT-90 (prototype), but a very easily for gotten car is the Detamaso Pantera, Italianstyle with a Ford 351W in it, great combination, style with durability and cheaper than most, but modern day it is tough but the Ferrari 456GT is undeniable, but I cant stop coming back to a 1994 Ferrari 512M (aka Testarossa, or red head in Italian)

1) 97-98 Toyota Supra Twin-Turbo, BLACK //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

- Single turbo (Small... SP66-7), Fuel system, all GO-FAST parts

- SP400 Automatic Tranny w/ 4000 RPM stall 5-plate locking converter

- NO, I repeat, NO body-kits/modifications. I want a stock, sexy Supra, not a ricemobile.

Good for around 500-525 RWHP on pump gas, 700-750RWHP on race gas. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif Couple that with the stalled auto, and you got yourself a hole-shot rocket!! And a highway warrior.. too.

2) 94 Toyota Supra N/A, White w/ Black rims

- Nothing but exhaust, rims, and WINGLESS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Both Targa top for those sunny summer days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

supra_1727_37806164

Ewww. Why a Supra? Those motors are aweful off the line even with a high-stall auto. It's a nice looking car and all, but the motor is not as great as a lot of people think. I'd rather get an 03 Cobra, slap a twin-screw Kenne Bell supercharger on it, set for 20lbs of boost, run full open exhaust (LT headers on back), CAI, custom tuned chip, and a 200 shot of nitrous. Talk about power -- easy 1000hp+ and enough low-end torque to eat tires like a cop eats donuts. Might have to put a Ford 9" rear axle in, though, because I don't expect that the IRS can hold up to that much power. But the motor sure as hell can.

I don't want to get into an argument over cars, but I still would rather have the Supra over a mustang. Supras ARE bad off the line. Why? Because of the frickin' huge turbos people run. 700-1000 HP is gonna get you nothing but wheelspin, especially on an IRS suspension w/o Anti-Squat.

The motors are fine. It's traction that makes the Supra so slow.

I don't like the new Cobra's. I am a 5.0L man, that is why I own a 90 GT. And I know **** well that the 4.6L block is not gonna take 1000HP. Maybe a DSS Cobra Pro Mod Block and a billet crank and forged pistons and rods, but the stock engine would be lucky to hold up to 600 RWHP (650-680 crank)

I can provide solid proof that the Supra's inline-6 (and drivetrain and suspension) can handle 700-800 HP all day long. Can you do the same for the Mustang?? Rules are: Stock block, innards, head.

Don't get me wrong, Cobra's are bad-ass cars, but not God's greatest gift to man. Learn to respect all cars, and peoples taste in cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The world will be a better place.

Originally posted by ladyfastcar the subject speaks for itself! post your dream car and why. id start it off.

MASERATI SPYDER CAMBIOCORSA! ~~~ this is better than a man. sorry guys!
I already own it.

1968 Firebird with 400HO package - matching numbers.

Originally posted by jlaine I already own it.

1968 Firebird with 400HO package - matching numbers.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Bastage...I am impressed:)

- Steve

Originally posted by Zylo I don't want to get into an argument over cars, but I still would rather have the Supra over a mustang. Supras ARE bad off the line. Why? Because of the frickin' huge turbos people run. 700-1000 HP is gonna get you nothing but wheelspin, especially on an IRS suspension w/o Anti-Squat.

The motors are fine. It's traction that makes the Supra so slow.

I don't like the new Cobra's. I am a 5.0L man, that is why I own a 90 GT. And I know **** well that the 4.6L block is not gonna take 1000HP. Maybe a DSS Cobra Pro Mod Block and a billet crank and forged pistons and rods, but the stock engine would be lucky to hold up to 600 RWHP (650-680 crank)

I can provide solid proof that the Supra's inline-6 (and drivetrain and suspension) can handle 700-800 HP all day long. Can you do the same for the Mustang?? Rules are: Stock block, innards, head.

Don't get me wrong, Cobra's are bad-ass cars, but not God's greatest gift to man. Learn to respect all cars, and peoples taste in cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The world will be a better place.
alright, i don't mean to get in an arguement here, but come on. the difference in the quarter mile between a mustang and a supra are very small. what, 13.8 for a supra, 14.1 for a stang? yeah, real bad there. and really now, don't ya think that if somebody is smart enough to put in a 700-1000hp engine that they're going to drop the rear-end and put in a spool or a locker or something? what's the point in an 8 sec capable engine if your going to use the factory rear-end? also, i'm a 5.0 guy, i own an 88 gt. not the fastest car in the world, especially since it was abused. and obviously the stock 4.6L block can't take 1000hp, hell, the stock 5.0 can't take that. i'd be amazed to see the stock engine handle 500hp. but you do have to admit, there are advantages to having 32 valves instead of 16. anyways, you said you can provide solid proof that the supra's stock engine and suspension can handle 700-800hp all day long. well, i'm calling you out. PROVE IT!!!! also, don't take this personal, i just like to argue. oh, and i figure i'll put in my own personal oppinion, i'd take the mustang, so much easier to work on. my god, they mass produce the parts like every car is a stang. you want a cold air kit for a supra, it's like what, $300-350? mustang, $120-$150. plus i like american muscle more than japanese RPM pushers.

Sorry, but the 03 Cobra block has forged internals, an iron block, and is flat-out race-ready. Don't think it could handle over 600hp? You're very much wrong on that one.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1069

697hp, motor runs fine. This isn't the only instance of somebody pushing well over 600hp from the new motor. It's solid as they come from the factory.

The Supra block is known to handle upwards of 700hp fine. It's a good block, though if I were going for a Japanese engine, I'd get a Skyline motor instead -- more low-end torque and will handle more power. I just notice that a lot of people think the 2JZ-GTE is indestructable, but it certainly isn't.

I don't want to get into an argument over cars, but I still would rather have the Supra over a mustang. Supras ARE bad off the line. Why? Because of the frickin' huge turbos people run. 700-1000 HP is gonna get you nothing but wheelspin, especially on an IRS suspension w/o Anti-Squat.
Now wait -- you say traction is the problem.. How is that any different from what the 03 Cobra would suffer from? Yes, the 03 has IRS, but so far is handling the ~700hp that NitrousPete (see above link) is running through it. A lot of the high-power Supras are running Ford 9" rears.

Why do 500hp (modded) 03 Cobras, in the hands of capable drivers, run 10's when not suffering from traction problems? Why do 500hp (modded) Supras, in the hands of capable drivers, run 11's when not suffering from traction problems?

Because of the turbo lag. The Cobra doesn't have that problem, due to the roots-type blower (or, in the case of the Kenne Bell, a twin-screw design). The torque curve of the 03 Corba is something that no Supra I've seen can match. Check out the usual Supra Forums and do a search for 03 Cobra -- see that they give it credit for being a great car.

I don't hate the Supra, I just don't like it. If that's your thing, then good for you. I'd just much rather drive an American car, and one that can produce lots of low-end torque. The 1/4 mile is all about low-end power, which is why muscle cars are so dominant. Sure, once that turbo is spooled up in the Supra, it will accelerate nice (as evidenced by the high trap speeds of Supras), but off the line, they just don't have the balls to compete.

all those things about HP and TORQUE and all that ****...

edit: j/k LOL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm going to take this back to the intended topic of dream cars, and go with the dodge viper.

god i would love to drive one of those things

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.