Starter Battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

cyn
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Okay... I'm trying to decide on a good AGM starting battery for stock location also that can do good on 800-1500watts daily. Trying not to go back to a Yellowtop. I do plan on upgrading the Alt. later on. Stock Alt. is a 125amp / 90amp idle.. 07 Chevy Impala 3.5L.

price trying to stay under $200 for a single battery. Let me know whats some good batts for this for now.

what issues did you have with optimas that made you not want to go back to them?
dealing with the space on the bigger ones in the stock location is all.. give me about 1/4" cleareance from the frame bar in the impala

what issues did you have with optimas that made you not want to go back to them?
dealing with the space on the bigger ones in the stock location is all.. give me about 1/4" cleareance from the frame bar in the impala

oh gotcha, yea space is a make it break it deal sometimes.
Yeah with my 03 impala, I had to pad the thing up, can't do that on this one, the stock clamp that measures the volt. from the alt to the battery is mounted on it :/

Yeah with my 03 impala, I had to pad the thing up, can't do that on this one, the stock clamp that measures the volt. from the alt to the battery is mounted on it :/
if height was the issue you know the lid that comes with them new is also meant to snap on the bottom to give them an extra inch in height, I have to use it with my toyota or the battery hold down is useless.

if height was the issue you know the lid that comes with them new is also meant to snap on the bottom to give them an extra inch in height, I have to use it with my toyota or the battery hold down is useless.
I'll have to get a Picture of what I'm talking about.. the Bigger Yellowtops that I would like to run is to tall. the posts would be 1/4" from the bar.. adding height would make it touch everything then lol

Can you remove the existing battery tray and make a new one out of sheet metal? I had to do that in my Blazer to get a better battery to fit.
I'm trying not to do all that. Hence stock etc.. etc.. Figured someone might know of a batter that is a little shorter than the big yellowtops and are just as good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cyn

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cyn
Orange, Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date