Starter Battery Paired w/Deka

Participant count
  • Participant list

techjunkie564

I just recently purchased a Deka 9a31 from a dealer on here for a great price. Problem is I just had my starter battery die out on me and the Deka won't be here for another few days.

With that being said would another AGM battery pair well with the Deka? From my understanding the group 31 Energizer from Sam's Club is essentially the same thing. I don't think that one will mount in my Jetta, though. So I was thinking the H7 version.

If I get the H7 would it be close enough to the Deka's size that I DO NOT need an isolator between the two? This would also give me a larger capacity for the audio as the rest of my electrical system does not need that much juice.

My other option would be to get a Kinetik 600. I figured I would use that as the secondary battery but then I'm assuming I would have to isolate it which would kind of defeat the purpose of the bigger battery in the front, right?

I may be wrong, but what do you need the isolator for? You shouldn't be running your starter battery that low with a secondary battery in the back putting out most of the juice. Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think you need an isolator.

I may be wrong, but what do you need the isolator for? You shouldn't be running your starter battery that low with a secondary battery in the back putting out most of the juice. Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think you need an isolator.
Well, I'm trying to avoid an isolator by getting the AGM H7 from Sam's Club. The only time that I would think that I needed an isolator would be going with the Deka in front and little KHC-600 in rear.

I would assume the H7 + Deka 9a31 together would be an awesome set up so I'm leaning towards that. Just want confirmation that I wouldn't need an isolator as both batteries are essentially brand new. The Deka only has about 2 weeks on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.