SSA Icon 12" worth $100 more than the AQ HDC3 12"?

Well I prefer the AQ over SSA due to the fact the TL doesn't lie.....ever.
We are not just talking about the meter though. While the meter may not "lie" it also does not tell the entire story. I will say that any sub can be loud on the meter. You just have to build for that particular sub.

At least you remembered my name though lol. Your truck seems to be getting a lot of attention these days, congrats.

We are not just talking about the meter though. While the meter may not "lie" it also does not tell the entire story. I will say that any sub can be loud on the meter. You just have to build for that particular sub.

At least you remembered my name though lol. Your truck seems to be getting a lot of attention these days, congrats.
I appreciate that Dustin, probably due to the fact my wall is pure S E X lol.

But like you said it is enclosure dependent, even sound of both drivers in question, right?

We both know the answer to that. How a woofers "sounds" to two completely different people is subjective. But now compare SPL scores that doesn't play favorites, have one companies products held higher then another, just a number. A number that what everyone agrees in this industry as LOUD. That's all.

And bro we still friends on Facebook remember lol.

You want to hit hard you say, hmmm, I see after Dustin mentioned ICON, the crowd follows? The AQ WILL CRUSH THE ICON HANDS DOWN. You would have to be blind to NOT see that. WOW people lol.
I love blanket statements. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well I prefer the AQ over SSA due to the fact the TL doesn't lie.....ever.
To a lot of us TL scores don't mean squat...if your setup does a 140, great. If it does a 160, even better. But if it doesn't sound good then what's the point?

Don't take this as me saying your setup doesn't sound good, but you get the point I'm trying to make..

To a lot of us TL scores don't mean squat...if your setup does a 140, great. If it does a 160, even better. But if it doesn't sound good then what's the point?
Don't take this as me saying your setup doesn't sound good, but you get the point I'm trying to make..
Reminds me of what I keep hearing lately at shows with guys who just demo and don't compete.

I demo and do not compete any more.

Even when I competed my daily setup was never geared toward numbers, even the wall builds. Also built for musical enjoyment and of course demoing purposes.

Don't get me wrong, I still love SPL, however it is a very very small part of this industry. With Defiant we will be doing some SPL things but it will be very very limited as those items honestly don't sell that well.

With all that said, if we are just basing the conversation off numbers....

My buddy in Cape Giradeau Missouri built a 6th order wall that would do mid 150's all day. With 1000rms and 2 Memphis pr12s. So by the logic of SPL only matters those are by far the best "bang for the buck" sub on the market do to his numbers.

I feel SPL numbers are no more then who wants to work harder for them. They are very install specific and the product used means very little if the build is done correctly.

I did over a 150 on 2 12s and 500watts so meh Dustin lol
All kidding aside everything is install dependent!!!! Freaking A man lol
I think many of us has done some good numbers on single or dual 12" setups with minimal power lol...it is like a right of passage before you move on to larger SPL setups haha.

Can't say how an AQ is yet... Ive never experienced them. (did just buy an 18") I do have an SSA Gcon 12" on about 800 rms and it is a beautiful thing. The notes (hz) it hits is pretty much all of them. Some better than others and I even put it in a P.O.S box and still is loud and low. The build quality is excellent and you can see it when you get one. I imagine with an appropriate box, its probable stupid. LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.