SSA Icon 12" worth $100 more than the AQ HDC3 12"?

alot of ssa subs can be under powered just fine....have heard a few xcons and icons well below rms.....still got loud and low 

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

apparently him and kevin of skar have the same parents
ah hah! but of course!

When I was his age I spent around the same, I was working 40 hours a week at min wage.. took some time but was well worth it.

Also the GCON would be a fantastic alternative.

by the time i was 17 i had bought and re-built a car(1970 volkswagen bug. made that thing into a Baja. weighed 1700lbs with me in it. loved that car). spent a total of about 16 grand. paid mostly cash for it and paid the bank the rest until i was 18. money is easy to make when you are 15-17. as long as your parents are cool with you working. luckily my step-dad owned a construction company. so i made 9 bux an hour roofing and framing all weekend.

anyways back on topic. the Icon will sound better as stated, and running it on less than RMS will just make it last longer.

Matt

I went to rehab in febuary this year and now been clean ten months thanks to car audio and jujitsu. This hobby is so addicting it never stops. I add to my aq setup every month. Very expensive hobby but man let me tell u there is nothing more awsome then getting louder and louder!!! Trying to push more air till your windshield pops out aahhhhh awsome I love it. I don't care what these tight wads think while your car is making there car windowshake.ok I went a little over board but hey it beats being a junkie. Go with ssa bro

If u want sq go with obsidian. Low end go with skar. Spl go ssa. Just my two cents.

I feel the Icon is certainly worth it, even more so on sale ATM. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I've worked during the past 3 summers.
thats awesome man, good for you. I guess growing I havent had as much time available Ive always played high level hockey, which is pretty much all year round!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I would have to say the AQ/SQ is going to be the best bang for your spending dollar. As for the quality of the products in an honest opinion I would have to day that it is at or above 99% of the industry standard! The real reason for the extreme price difference between AQ/SQ and the other brands is that we sell factory direct and have no "Dealers" or "Reps", this allows us to use the best parts and production methods available and still sell at very affordable pricing.. I hope this clears some of the misconception about AQ/SQ branded products.

You want to hit hard you say, hmmm, I see after Dustin mentioned ICON, the crowd follows? The AQ WILL CRUSH THE ICON HANDS DOWN. You would have to be blind to NOT see that. WOW people lol.

You want to hit hard you say, hmmm, I see after Dustin mentioned ICON, the crowd follows? The AQ WILL CRUSH THE ICON HANDS DOWN. You would have to be blind to NOT see that. WOW people lol.
Yeah, the AQ can get louder...but sound as good and have as good build quality? Nope.

I've owned and used both and can tell you I preferred ssa over the aq...

"Of course I want it to hit hard, but I also want it to sound good."

Sounds like a good description of an ICON if you ask me. On a meter the HDC3 might "crush" the ICON, but to the ear I doubt it. I'd take the ICON.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.