SSA Icon 12" worth $100 more than the AQ HDC3 12"?

Honestly, most of the response curve alterations you will get will be from the design of the enclosure. However, the SSA has a much better natural sounding response over the AQ. The AQ can sound good though and still get low and sound clean. However, the large difference is build quality as the SSA is far superior there.

yea right this shiz is more addicting than crack lol ..u know how many times ive saod this is it for me
I know... who am I kidding? haha

Honestly, most of the response curve alterations you will get will be from the design of the enclosure. However, the SSA has a much better natural sounding response over the AQ. The AQ can sound good though and still get low and sound clean. However, the large difference is build quality as the SSA is far superior there.
Ok. There is just so much money and work ahead of me if I go ahead and decide to upgrade my stuff. ugggh. The worst part is breaking the news to my parents that I want to spend $900 to get more stuff. Then they will say no. And then I will wait. And then I will go to college. And then I will buy it. And then I will get yelled at. Oh man... the joys of being 17 haha

Go with the icon, and get get pro-rabbit to build you an enclosure and be done with it!
Yeah. Then I need a new amp.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I know... who am I kidding? haha

Ok. There is just so much money and work ahead of me if I go ahead and decide to upgrade my stuff. ugggh. The worst part is breaking the news to my parents that I want to spend $900 to get more stuff. Then they will say no. And then I will wait. And then I will go to college. And then I will buy it. And then I will get yelled at. Oh man... the joys of being 17 haha
Yep, and to be honesty this is a very addicting hobby has already stated. Typically we end up trying to out do friends or just ourselves as we get used to what we currently have.

Yep, and to be honesty this is a very addicting hobby has already stated. Typically we end up trying to out do friends or just ourselves as we get used to what we currently have.
Yeah. It's kind of sick. Materialism gets the best of everyone at some point. I try to appreciate what I have, but I always know it can be better. I think the limitting factor for me will be that I dont want a HO alt. If it gets to that point then I have gone overboard and need to control myself. Until I get a steady, well-paying job that is.

Yeah. It's kind of sick. Materialism gets the best of everyone at some point. I try to appreciate what I have, but I always know it can be better. I think the limitting factor for me will be that I dont want a HO alt. If it gets to that point then I have gone overboard and need to control myself. Until I get a steady, well-paying job that is.
Just be smart with your money man, thats how old I was when I got my hdc3 18" was 17. My parents let me do my thing since it was my money that I earned. I just had to use my parents card to order becuase at the time I didnt have one and just paid them:crazy:

and as far as the box building tutorial, just browse around here and read through the building forum and also check out youtube theres some useful vids on there too

Just be smart with your money man, thats how old I was when I got my hdc3 18" was 17. My parents let me do my thing since it was my money that I earned. I just had to use my parents card to order becuase at the time I didnt have one and just paid them:crazy:
and as far as the box building tutorial, just browse around here and read through the building forum and also check out youtube theres some useful vids on there too
Yeah. I mean, they have let me spend $1700 already. I need to learn to appreciate what I already have.

Yeah. I mean, they have let me spend $1700 already. I need to learn to appreciate what I already have.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif and your 17! Where the hell you getting this money!?

I would suggest the Icon over the AQ to be honest. I have more hands on experience with AQ then most (worked for them and built 100's of enclosures for clients as well as several full AQ installs over the years, most rather large builds). They are a decent sub for the price sure, but the Icon is in a different league all together then the AQ.
As for enclosures, from us you would be looking at about $150 shipped for an enclosure for the AQ or SSA.
It depends on his goals, if he wants SPL, the AQ will outdo the icon, im sure of that. more motor, stronger soft parts.

im not talking down SSA, i love theyre products, the hdc3 id put up against a xcon area, the icon i dont see being in the same league as the aq.

Yeah. Then I need a new amp.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
alot of ssa subs can be under powered just fine....have heard a few xcons and icons well below rms.....still got loud and low

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif and your 17! Where the hell you getting this money!?
apparently him and kevin of skar have the same parents

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.